Northern steel--layout

Iron Man

Well finally got the chance to start my new steel mill layout on the weekend.
So far got the yard area tables built, there are three 2x8ft along the one wall.
My main layout plan is from the steel mill book by bernard kempinski. the original plan is 10x12, i was going to stretch it out to 12 x24, i might even stretch that..
I will take pics and post as many as i can during the build, anyway back to gluing my foam down.

Thanks to kellan for really getting this going as i was stuck for what to do along the one wall.

CHEERS ironman

You guys said you like pics well they are coming right up, i cant believe how long it takes to upload them from my camera. Does anyone have any advice, i am using iPhoto.

cheers ironman

I got the braces between the legs installed today, wow no more earthquake. I can't attach the layout to the walls as they are not finished or even wood, there concrete, so free standing it is.
I also got the gaps done between the foam sheets done, i put down 2 pieces of paint tape, over lapping a bit and then painted, i cant be any easier.
I would like to thank the person that mentioned how to do that, sorry cant remember your name. I will post some pics, it looks great.

Track work next

cheers ironman

Thank you josh, wait until you see the good side:] I went to go and start soldering some track and aarrgg no solder.
I have some really good pics to show you guys, keep the comments coming please, its what is motivating me right now.

cheers ironman

Just a few pics that came out a lot better as i am experimenting with the lighting and flash because the basement is so dark, hope you like.

cheers ironman

Do these pics look out of focus? They look like it to me a little bit, i am using the auto focus on my camera so i hope not . I might need new glasses AARRGG

LET ME KNOW ironman

WOW , over 400 posts and hardly any comments, a lot of lurkers or shy people. USUALLY you can't shut people up when trains are the topic.

NEW up dates soon, i thought i would just check in

cheers Ewan

AKA IRONMAN

Looking good. Can't wait to see some more progess. I know what you mean about the motivation so feel free to stop by the Iowa State Railroad Club post. :)

Looking good, Ironman.

Do you have a track plan to show us?

What's your scheme for layout lighting?

Sorry if I ask too many questions.

Great so far Ironman,

If you would, what color is that you used on the BF pouring floor? And if you wouldn't mind sharing, how did you get the staining on the ovens to drip like that?

Great so far Ironman,

If you would, what color is that you used on the BF pouring floor? And if you wouldn't mind sharing, how did you get the staining on the ovens to drip like that?

Great so far Ironman,

Back