North Fork

AllenB

Well it's about time I posted some pics. I have almost all of the track down. It sure looks small but one side is 17 feet! I have two main lines and will have a small yard, industrial area, round house and a few sidings. I'll keep you posted as I progress.

Wow

that is a long long train you got there!

That is going to be a lot of time getting the layout detailed!!

(labor of love!:)

Chuck

Lookin' good!
If you're running 60 cars the trackwork must be pretty solid!

Thanks. Had one small glitch coming into the yard off the main where there is a change of elevation...had a couple cars disconnect. I'm thinking it's too steep.

COOL!!! One thing about the benchwork... You can build shelves underneath and store your cars in their original boxes out of the way... And watch your collection grow and grow...
THANX

Well I did a little creeping and I'm bringing this post back to life! Have you done anything else since these pics? If so post some new ones!

Well I did a little creeping and I'm bringing this post back to life! Have you done anything else since these pics? If so post some new ones!

You know I haven't gotten much further but winter is coming up and I plan to spend a lot of time on it then. I do have the turn table in and the round house is almost done. The time I have put into it has been getting my rolling stock in better condition (couplers and trucks/wheels).

Slow progress....it's getting there.
ATTACH]

ATTACH]

ATTACH]

Wow that looks great! I love the mountain, its coming along very nicely.

How do you plan to get access to the tracks?

Wow that looks great! I love the mountain, its coming along very nicely.

How do you plan to get access to the tracks?

Thanks Motley. It's hard to see in the picture but you can get total access from underneath. Plaster goes on tomorrow...stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been slow going but making progress. Trying my hand at rock molds. It's hard to tell if I've done a decent job of blending them together. I'm sure I'll know more when I get some paint on them.
DSC_3161_zps5e4b1c19.jpg
"]
DSC_3161_zps5e4b1c19.jpg
[/URL]
DSC_3159_zps73614752.jpg
"]
DSC_3159_zps73614752.jpg
[/URL]
DSC_3157_zps4bee7d7e.jpg
"]
DSC_3157_zps4bee7d7e.jpg
[/URL]