North American Rail Alliance decals

C

catt

Hi gang,I'm getting some NARA decals made up.If you want some drop me a PM then send me a SSAE,and I will get them to you .Currently there will only be two scales that will be available.These are N and HO.

Here are the scale sizes.
Flag logo for locomotives: 14' wide x 3' tall
Flag logo for cars: 10' wide x 2' tall
Map logo for cars: 8' wide x 7' tall

decal1.jpg

decal2.jpg

decal3.jpg

These are being made by Scalerail Graphics and the drawings are from them.

Hi Catt, the decals are looking good. Nice work! when can we expect to see a model all decked out in the NARA scheme?
For freight I'm kind of attracted to the NA map one, how would that look on a HO box car?

Cheers Willis

I think it will look great Willis.They aren't ready yet though.

All I'll need from you is your NARA membership number,and a SSAE and they will be headed your way.

I will post exactly when they are available.

All I'll need from you is your NARA membership number
Oh! Oh!; Heck I don't have any membership numbers, actually I don't have the time to devote to clubs without compromising the obligations I have now.
I just thought a few box cars would look good on the layout. LOL I thought NARA was the name of your model railroad, silly me eh!
Still nice decals though :D

Cheers Willis

Question, I just asked about joining so I can get a few. But, how many come in a package, and is it only the logo?

The decals are only the logos.You can have 3 sets.These can be any combination you want ,but first you have to be a nember,but before you can do that I need to get my new puter up and running.

Catt

Can you explain what NARA is? The website doesn't really explain it unless you send an email to someone. Maybe you could tell us about it. What the costs are etc.

David,I really do think this really explains it myself

North American Rail Alliance

The North American Rail Alliance or NARA for short is a group of people worldwide modeling the North American rail scene.

NARA has members in Australia,the United States,Canada, England,France,and Sweden,and now we have members from Portugal,Switzerland, and South Africa.We have added Mexico,and now Germany.

We are a multiscale group consisting of both Freelance and Prototype modelers.The one and only rule is that you model North American railroading. This means any kind of North American railroading in any era in any of three countries on the North American continent.You can read the one and only rule for joining in the second sentence of this paragraph.

The only cost is if you want the decals (working on getting some for different era modellers) they are through no choice of mine going to cost a $1.00 plus the SSAE from here on out.That will get you 3 sets anyway you want them and in either N or HO scale.

If we get enough members to warrant it I will get some made in other scales

So I think I should join, not so much for the decals, but the idea behind it. Guess I will pop over to the website and give away my firstborn ;)

Thanks.

Back