Noob trying to wire Lionel 6-14098 mainline crossing to fastrack

nyrangerslmb

Finally got around to making the layout and I want to wire my gates. My crossing gates came with a 4th (blue) wire. Any idea where I would wire that? I plan on using separate wall packs to power the gates. A 12V 2A 24W power supply adapter converter 100-240V AC to DC 12V 2A 1.8A 1.5A 1.2A transformer with a female DC barrel connector so I can just screw the power wires in. I have an insulated track I want to connect to sandwiched between to isolated tracks to "trigger" the gates. I was going to run the yellow wire to the outside rail of the insulated track, the red to positive and the black to negative and again, have no idea were to connect the blue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Finally got around to making the layout and I want to wire my gates. My crossing gates came with a 4th (blue) wire. Any idea where I would wire that? I plan on using separate wall packs to power the gates. A 12V 2A 24W power supply adapter converter 100-240V AC to DC 12V 2A 1.8A 1.5A 1.2A transformer with a female DC barrel connector so I can just screw the power wires in. I have an insulated track I want to connect to sandwiched between to isolated tracks to "trigger" the gates. I was going to run the yellow wire to the outside rail of the insulated track, the red to positive and the black to negative and again, have no idea were to connect the blue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I am reading all the documents on the Lionel site correctly, for a five wire crossing gate the red and blue wires are to standard AC power A and U. The other wires are DC and yellow and white are control and the black is the common for the control. I don't see any crossing gates that are 4 wire. I is maybe the white broken off? of both of them (seems unlikely)?

If I understand what you are doing you have followed the instructions for the crossing gates that only have three wires. I don't know if they are really different devices or if you can wire them multiple ways. Maybe a built in rectifier? Maybe try it just ignoring the blue and see what happens?

1609983855808.png

Last edited:

Back