non electric remote switches

BIG DOG

I am looking for a switch machine(s) that is non electric. I saw one a hs awhile back and it operated by pushing/pulling a trigger that was connected to a rod which was then connected to switch, you could lengthen the rod by either piano wire or joining another rod to the original rod,
has anyone seen anything like this or know how to make one, my new layout will have over 30 switches and me and wiring don't always agree:)

i made some from MIG welding wire inside nylon compressed air pipe, at the turnout end is a 90 degree bend locating into my Peco's, at the knob end i used various sizes of nylon pipe again to form a handle to either push or pull the turnout, the stuff cost me $000 as it all came out the bin at work, my kind of price that.

Here we go,
the basic pieces to my turnout controls, all parts held together with super glue, same with the end's, both are glued down once set in position. i have made these from 4" long to four ft long, as long as you don't try to bend them to tight you won't have any problems
P5080012.jpg

P5080013.jpg

P5080011.jpg

that looks more like what i saw in the HS, and were only about 4-6 bucks ea
(i think), how do you have those mounted under the table or grid?

in the middle picture, The middle assembly (fat end on the right) is just glued into the facia, the other end is glued into /onto the baseboard / foam, in between it just hangs loose in a nice curve so as not to jam up the wire inside, works very well for me, you just have to get the positioning spot on before you glue anything down.

Back