No More Trains

I use to use Fenders from a 53 on a 59 or 62.
I had a 53 hardtop w/a 55 Speedster dash & bucket seats & a 59 hawk Trunklid.
The same 53 had the larger supercharged engine w/the 4 speed. The thing I liked about the Studebaker supercharger they used an air forced fed Carburetor instead of a turbocharger intake manifold. I also hand made headers for it & made side pipes & dumps for it. I also had the 55 bucket seats in the back w/the let down center console.
Before I did all that to that 53 I had a Top shifter on that V8 Transmission off of a 6 cyl. Jeep. I use to try all kinds of switcharoos on my 53. I only had it up to 140mph once. The 55 Speedster had a 200 mph speedometer in the dash. The Speedster had a 2 speed rearend that was changable on the shifter. The lower gear was a 4:11 & the high gear was a 3:23.
How fast have you been in that 62?:D

Good luck Larry...let's wrap it up. You sold your stuff. You've moved on...best of luck in all you dream for.
Let's bring this discussion to a car forum. See ya later Larry....you long winded old fart.

I thought people had to have a minimum post count or time on a forum to become a moderator.

Good luck Larry...let's wrap it up. You sold your stuff. You've moved on...best of luck in all you dream for.
Let's bring this discussion to a car forum. See ya later Larry....you long winded old fart.

Yeah, I know, I get carried away sometimes about Studebakers, no matter where it is. It reminded me about 2 years ago when someone on here started a thread about their street rods. That thing dragged on for about 3 months.:rolleyes: & a lot of the guys were complaining that this was a Train Forum & not a car Forum, but, it didn't seem to slow down until the pictures ran out:D All you guys are going to have a fit if I go into my Profile & delete every picture that I ever put up on this Forum.:p Wonder what that's going to do to my Ego:eek:
Larry

You have been a wonderful person to have on this site over the years. I have learned a lot from your posts and am glad I have a few of your kit bashed engines. Sorry to hear your leaving the hobby but sounds understandable. And if you do go to the 7-1/2" stuff HAVE FUN!!!! I have had a half of mind to sell off all my HO and N scale and do more of the live steam.

This is what keeps me busy all day. I get at least 3 or 4 calls a day from people wanting to get rid of their old TV's, Computers, Printers & any & all electronics. I had to go & buy a trailer to pull behind my Chevy HHR, because some days I had to unload 2 0r 3 times haling all that junk in my car. Now, I can make all the pickups (usually 3 computer stores on tuesdays) at once.

I dont think that lifting old TV's, Monitors, Fax Machines, Etc will do good on the back and legs either as some of those items can get quite heavy.

That's a bear, but what can you do if the body doesn't do what you ask it to do?

I have a couple other hobbies that I do with my wife or on my own that would stop pronto if I ever blew out a knee, back, etc. She was laid up after foot surgery for several weeks recently and it brought home how fragile we can be and why we ought to enjoy what we can while we can.

Good luck!

I dont think that lifting old TV's, Monitors, Fax Machines, Etc will do good on the back and legs either as some of those items can get quite heavy.

Mark, 99% of the time I have help putting them on my 2 wheel handtruck. Then I just roll them up the ramp onto the trailer. When I get back to the shop I lift the heavy 1's w/a chain hoist that's on a beam just inside the door. It's not & all day thing likw when I worked on the layout.:D

Amen to that! My old 27" TV (CRT type) weighed in at over a hundred pounds! The 37" flat-screen I have now only weighs thirty pounds.

Well, it looks like I "might" be selling over a thousand dollars worth of engines if I don't get a reply from the guy that is making payments on the last batch that I put up on the FS section of this Forum. I've called him & left messages to call me back & left email messages for him to return a reply w/no answers or calls. He's got till the end of this month to let me know what he wants to do & if I don't get a reply they are going up FS again. Maybe this notice here will light his Fire. Anyway, I've been lurking here on the Forum everyday & giving my opinions lightly when I think I should. I'll keep you posted at the end of the month.:rolleyes:

Well, it looks like I "might" be selling over a thousand dollars worth of engines if I don't get a reply from the guy that is making payments on the last batch that I put up on the FS section of this Forum. I've called him & left messages to call me back & left email messages for him to return a reply w/no answers or calls. He's got till the end of this month to let me know what he wants to do & if I don't get a reply they are going up FS again. Maybe this notice here will light his Fire. Anyway, I've been lurking here on the Forum everyday & giving my opinions lightly when I think I should. I'll keep you posted at the end of the month.:rolleyes:
Larry, have you given any thought to starting over with a few choice N scale items? Perhaps the bug will bite you again! Ha ha! :)

Mike

Larry, have you given any thought to starting over with a few choice N scale items? Perhaps the bug will bite you again! Ha ha! :)

Mike

yes, I had thought of an N scale layout in the next 2 or 3 years, but, the wife saw my N scale list laying in my shop & said, "No way are you starting another layout" & you know you can't buck the boss. She's getting use to me being at home all the time. No train shows, no going to places where other trains are, no digging thru stores looking for stuff for the layout & the best thing she likes is not spending any money.
I kind of like having my shop off limits to people too. I don't let people come in to see what I'm taking apart. For 1 thing it's to dangerous. Partial TV's & Computers laying around & right now the shop is full of recyclable's. No place to even think of starting a layout, but, it's in the back of my mind & might happen some day.:D:):rolleyes:;)

I dont get here very much but im shocked to be reading this thread. Good luck with your adventures in the future. I always enjoyed reading all the stuff you have posted in the past.

I'm sort of wondering why you are posting a topic like this on train forums when you consider people are here because they like trains and want to talk about them?

I'm sort of wondering why you are posting a topic like this on train forums when you consider people are here because they like trains and want to talk about them?

I believe you must have misunderstood the point to this thread, or, at the very least, didn't read the beginning.

Larry made the decision to get out of the hobby, and he sold off his stuff on this forum, and this thread was to explain what he was doing.

Sent from my Vic20 using JavaMoose

I believe you must have misunderstood the point to this thread, or, at the very least, didn't read the beginning.

Larry made the decision to get out of the hobby, and he sold off his stuff on this forum, and this thread was to explain what he was doing.

Sent from my Vic20 using JavaMoose

Actually I did read it, and was still confused. I've never seen anyone post something quite like this and I've been on forums since I was a freshman in college in 1977.

Back