NMRA 75: MRH Goes to Milwaukee

JeffShultz

Stay off the tracks!
Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine will be present, in strength, at the National Model Railroad Assn's 75th Anniversary Convention and the National Train Show in Milwaukee.

In 2008 we videotaped several interviews in Anaheim. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/mrht_2008_nts

In 2009 we did it again in Hartford. http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/MRHT_2009_NTS

I expect we're going to do it again in 2010 in Milwaukee.

So - which manufacturers would you like to see us interview - and what questions would you like us to ask them?

Sounds like fun, Jeff. How about asking Athearn if they have any plans to release any entry level kits or RTR locomotives and cars. As has been discussed here and other places, our hobby is moving more and more to the high end of the price spectrum, and that can't be good for long term growth.

Jim, thanks for the suggestion. By any chance are you on Facebook? Athearn's there and has gotten up a bit of a storm recently by asking questions about kits vs RTR.
This was one of their last comments:
"Trust us when we say that we stop[ped] building kits because we had so many in stock that it became ridiculous to consider making more.
Ultimately we closed out more product than some companies would schedule for annual production."

Jeff,

Can you please ask all the major manufacturers why they all announce new products that we WANT to buy, but we have to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait some more.

We know there are issues with China and getting product back from them. But it's getting ridiculous the amount of times that these release dates keep getting pushed back.

I vote with my wallet!!! Now I'm to the point of I don't care about "new releases", if I see it in the hobby store, great I'll buy it. But I am no longer interested in new product announcements. When I see it I'll believe it.

Please bring production back to the U.S., I am willing to pay a bit more.

Thanks,

Michael

Back