Night shots?

• Yes

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys,

I posted a pic to the contest yesterday and I'm wondering if it takes a while to post or if I made an error in my posting. Any sage advice?

Chip, Your pic was posted to the member galleries, not the July contest gallery. No sweat, I moved it and posted in here as well. You're good to go.

Well, I had good intentions for this months photo contest, but quickly saw there were more things to learn about taking night shots than I thought. So, guess I will have to pass. How do you get rid of the halo around the lights??? My shots really looked bad because of this.

RexHea said:
Well, I had good intentions for this months photo contest, but quickly saw there were more things to learn about taking night shots than I thought. So, guess I will have to pass. How do you get rid of the halo around the lights??? My shots really looked bad because of this.

Keep trying and you'll hit on a combo you're happy with. There's plenty of time. How about a "sunrise" shot with Sawmill Ridge being silouetted (sp?:eek: ) by the rising sun. Lighting low and behind the ridge with LED illumination (try a DT400 throttle) on the foeground scene could produce some interesting results...

RexHea said:

A polarizing filter as suggested will not work. Try not shooting directly at a bare light bulb. Hide it if you can behind something, scener, pole, etc.

Back