• Yes

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
As many of you know, I've been experimenting with some night shots on our RR. In posting some of the pics, there's been mention of possibly using night shots as a theme for the July contest. I'd like to find out how much interest there is for that. As you know, the contests here are done in the spirit of having fun, and I want the members here to have contest subjects they're interested in.

pros: cool effects, no layout required.

cons: some experimentation required, possible lighting of buildings, etc needed

Go for it! You'll probably never find a contest topic that everyone is excited about. But this sounds like a good one to me --- my layout looks best in the dark right now. :)

Lady_Railfan said:
Go for it! You'll probably never find a contest topic that everyone is excited about. But this sounds like a good one to me --- my layout looks best in the dark right now. :)

I know it's hard to please everyone, but as you know, we aim to try. ;) Just looking for the most fun we can get out of the contests.

Personally, I don't care. Last month I had a shot at entering the passenger train but wanting to get a finsihed section of track to shoot, I waited until the last minute and then ran out of time. I actually had a picture to take at 11 pm on May 31, but I was tired and when Eric posted the voting early I said screw it and went to bed. (No hard feelings Eric I was really tired.) Same goes for trackside scenes. I could change my building priorities and finish a section of track to photograph, but it might not happen. So if you want a night shot, go for it.

Hang on a minute GM you've got a head start on the reat of us!!:D :D

If I leave the lens cap on will that do:confused:

Ken.

Like Claudia's, my layout look's very good after dark especially when there is no moon,,, go for it

I think its a great idea for a contest to see what kind of lighting, and effects people can come up with not to mention the scenes themselves. HOPEfully I can get my layout together intime for some night shots.

Definatly a two thumbs up contest theme idea IMHO

Heres a night shot I just did tonight, all light from street lights in town.

DOWNTOWNNIGHT.png

GAPPLEG said:
Heres a night shot I just did tonight, all light from street lights in town.

DOWNTOWNNIGHT.png

I remember that night I was out crusing in my Cobra, when the cops pulled me up for excessive noise!!

Ken.

RexHea said:
Hey! How about me entering this one?

Title: The Tunnel (hehehehehe)
I vote for Rex (hint, maybe you should use photoshop to add a little headlight glare or something??)

RexHea said:
Hey! How about me entering this one?

Title: The Tunnel (hehehehehe)

Not bad for a first try, Rex. I'd go ahead and shoot a few more without the lens cap just for the heck of it though. ;)

There's always a wise guy...:D

grande man said:
Nice pic GAPPLEG! Fun ain't they? ;)
Yeah I saw what you guys were doing and thought I'd try it. First one, not too bad, Definately need to redo the market sign it hangs way to far out.

Back