newest addition to the fleet...

wongsing

I just purchased this Chessie 50' boxcar (a Roundhouse kit) and I already wethered it. Loosely based on pics that I have found from similar boxcars, i think it came out decent. Please feel free to comment and don't be afraid let me have honest opinions please...This is how we learn right?

Before...
DSC00062.jpg

After pastels, oil paints and airbrushed rust....
DSC00065.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

BTW: I know the pictures suck....any input on how to take better pics....anyone? LOL!

-Rich

It's great. Although I would drybrush some random tiny dashes of silver on the wheels to simulate bare metal myself.

some streaks of rust on the end panels would look good, when the things moving along in the rain, water with dirt and rust will run down the ends forming streaks down like icycles, you would also get them on the sides where rain would roll down from the roof, apart from that, top marks.

some streaks of rust on the end panels would look good, when the things moving along in the rain, water with dirt and rust will run down the ends forming streaks down like icycles, you would also get them on the sides where rain would roll down from the roof, apart from that, top marks.

Jah. Oil paint would work best for said 'rustsicles'.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great. Although I would drybrush some random tiny dashes of silver on the wheels to simulate bare metal myself.

Just don't get it on the treads. You'll never get it to stay on this car's wheels, and it will never come off every other car and locomotive's wheels. Don't ask how I know...:eek:

Back