newbie! But not to modeling or full-size. Scratch builder/kit-mingler, NC&StL fan/historian. Curator of Cowan (TN) RR Museum. Old enough.

NC&StL old-timer

Been modeling since the fifties. Grew up In Nashville in steam days, now prototype modeler of NC&StL! Here's a pix of my version of J3 #576 I did in brass many years ago....
DSC05998.JPG
r

Last edited:
Sorry for delay, project overload these days. Thanks for adding me and liking my intro. Maybe I can add a little something top the mix since I've been at this a while and learned stuff. Sirfoldalot, what building are you referring to? The building of the brass engine on the turntable? I do buildings, too....

Attachments

• IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 130
Been modeling since the fifties. Grew up In Nashville in steam days, now prototype modeler of NC&StL! Here's a pix of my version of J3 #576 I did in brass many years ago....View attachment 121262r
Thanks for the thumbs up! The above pix was actually taken on part of a layout I saved when I was in process of moving from North Carolina, back home to Tennessee (Upon retirement). This part of the layout was of part of the roundhouse and turntable area in Nashville, known as "Kayne Ave" or now, 11th Ave South. Nashville was my birth city and home of the former NC&StL. The engine is my rendition of the one engine saved for display there, class J3 #576. I built starting waaay back in the 60's using a brass table leg as the boiler, and junk-box Bowser parts and some appropriate lost wax details, Cal Scale, Kemtron, etc. Much else of what is in this scene has been dismantled and re-used.You may find some it incorporated in new work and photos I'll post from time to time. The current project is to build a recognizable operating replica of the dramatic and interesting area of Tennessee I live in now: the Cumberland Mountainand Tunnel Pusher District of the 1950 era that today CSX still operates as the Chattanooga Sub.

Back