New Years Resolutions, Model RR or Not.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

santafewillie

Same Ol' Buzzard
I'm surprised that this hasn't come up yet. What are (were) your New Years resolutions this year, and were you successful with last years?
Regarding last year's resolutions for the model railroad. I resolved to complete more scenery, although not quantifying how much. I have been somewhat successful. At the beginning of 2020, about 15% of my scenery was complete on a two level 640 sq ft layout. I now stand at about 35%, so progress was made. I documented a lot in the Coffee Shop over the year. I have resolved to get another 20% done this year.
On a personal level I resolved to lose weight. 35 pounds off the old feet so far and hope to lose 20 more this year.
What about others?

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
As I mentioned several days ago, I already broke half or more of my 250 New Year's resolutions! Then there's the model railroading side of the New Years where I did make some resolutions.....

-Always do the best of my model abilities and not rush to finish projects.

-Do all DCC work to look professional like the wiring of a DCC decoder and LED lights in a locomotive.

-Keep the layout room clean.

-Put tools and supplies away when finished using them.

- Start the expansion side of the layout.

and lose a few pounds before my access holes are too small for my frame.

-Greg

TLOC

I have never really done a NYR. I do have a list of to do items but those on continually updates as I complete projects. These are my own projects, different from my spousal unit’s honey do list.

TomO

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.