New transformer time.

Trussrod

Well Guys and Gals,
My old Troller finially gave out, well actually I'd had problems with it a couple of times before and fixed it so this time I figured I'd just try another brand and would like your suggestions.

As a note all my equipment, engines etc. are old so basically all I need is a stong standard transformer with momentum and a hand controler would be nice too.

While I know MRC has been around a long time and is suppose to be good I was just wondering if there were any other brands some of you might be familiar with that I should check into too? MRC used to offer hand controllers but I don't see them any more??

Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure, I usually stick to the DC controllers I get out of the Wal*mart Christmas sets. My Athearn one from last year works a dream on my test track.

Your PM offer.

Thoroughbreed,
While I appreciate your offer and generosity I decided I'll pick-up an MRC TECH 4 - 260 as it's basically like the Troller I have only more advanced I'm sure! Maybe I can still use my Troller walk around too as it works off track
voltage! I see I guess??

Thanks,

David

Sent ya a pm on a couple of packs I got laying around that I'll let ya have for the price of shipping.:D

Throttle suggestion.

Say Gliff,
Thanks for mentioning GML, it looks like a nice unit but a bit more than I care to spend right now, maybe later?

Thanks,

David

I have been using walk around throttles from GML Enterprises for many years. They are easy to use, reliable and troublefree. You can check their site and see whether they meet your requirements.
http://www.thegmlenterprises.com/
Cheers,

Changing my stratage

First I like to thank everyone that reply before.

After looking at the various hands of throttles available to operate my small steam locs with I became very interested in a couple that Crest offers, the only problem is trying to track down just wh the parent company is as I have a couple of questions for them?

I found two different sources that seemed to be the parent company, Polk Elect[?] seem to be the upper of the two but no direct connection?? Btw I wrote to one of these companies that appeared to be the source so I'll see.

Are any of you familiar with either of these Crest RCC units or do you know any one else using them? They are completely remote and don't require a line of sight to function properly.

Any info would of course be apreciated. ;)

Back