new to forum

Bpete

Hi All. I have been an armchair modeler for some time now, kind of in and out of the hobby but never far away. I have an interesting situation that may help me to get way from being an armchair modeler. a few years ago my father passed away and he had been in the hobby for some time and had started to build a layout in his basement. I decided that now was as good a time as any to take over and try to continue with his vision. he has started the layout in HO as a around the walls with a swing away at the doorway. the room is approx 14x 10. the benchwork is done and some of the track laid. I just started taking inventory and I have yet to find a copy of his track plan and I am not sure what or when he was trying to model. I may discover more as I do a more thorough inventory. I hope to get started soon and will post some picks.

That is fantastic, I would be so happy if someone in my family picked up where I leave off!

You will most certainly know more as you become familiar with the locomotives and rolling stock. Don't be afraid to fill in the blanks with your own ideas. It is a family railroad after all!

I wish you well and if you have any questions this is the place to find answers. There are experts in every aspect of model railroading on this forum.

Have fun with your trains!

Welcome to the forum! I am very happy to read your post, you made my day!

thanks all. I did a bit of inventory last night. I think my mom sold off alot of his rolling stock and track but as far as loco's it looks like mostly UP with both steam and diesel. a couple of Santa FE. and a Utah railway. that makes sense because he has always been a fan of UP and Utah railway since we are in Utah. the Price utah area along with soldier summit would be a good possibility with Utah RR running form salt lake through price headed to grand junction CO.

Hello Bpete, Glad to hear your going to reserect your dads layout, that will give you a good start. Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.

I look forward to seeing what your doing in a picture or two.

David

Thanks Trussrod. I just got clearance from My mom and my wife to start work. first step is to get all the junk cleaned out and survey what I have to work with. I think in rememberance of my dad I will loosly model the Utah RR from Martin/ Helper just east of soldier summit utah to Grand junction and also the wildcat coal mine. maybe mid 80's to 90's. I will post some picks as soon as i have something to post.

Back