New to forum- CNR GP9rm 7052

efram

Updated- cnr sd60f #5512

IMG_1466.jpg

Finally, it's actually "FINISHED." All mv lenses have been added, and it's running.

Kaslo shell on P2K shell with MBE, DW and DA detail parts.

Thanks for looking at the updated pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Well done.:) How did you get the loco number to look like that?
Just like the real thing. Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Welcome to the forum. That is one really nice model. It looks like you have more than few hours into that baby. Even the weathering on the plow looks good.

Excellent work! How hard did you find the Kaslo kit to put together?

Do the lights work or are they "just" jewels?

Thanks for all the kind words! I am going to post my Kaslo/p2k SD60F tom'w sometime. The decal set from Microscale has the numbers printed like that. You have to order the proper set, I think it's for "switchers."

The model took me the better part of 6 months of leisurely evenings to complete. I am really pleased with the plow, too. I think that using photos for weathering is the key here. That way you can duplicate patterns, therefore increasing the authenticity. It's also easier than trying to come up with it on your own.

I live in Ontario, and I've been into the superdetailing for the last 5 or 6 years. I am fully addicted now, LOL. I find myself replacing NBW castings and other psychotic thing no one else notices. The Kaslo kits go together superbly, and they are a pleasure to build. They also come with some amazing looking etched parts. They are a steal for the price you pay. Etched steps, grilles, etc. The lights are just jewels. I really feel that a lighted locomotive is kind of toy-like. No offence to anyone who likes it, it's just not my thang.

Thanks again for the kind words :)

Great stuff! Thanks for your feedback. Kaslo hey? Have you seen any M420 by any chance? Just wondering how they look. Can't wait to see more of your work

Thanks again

Leaf fan? :eek:

I have a CNR M420 awaiting final assembly. I want to get my hands on the Atlas U23B chassis before I go too far. Sometimes you can break off details trying to fine tune a chassis/shell fit. I am really happy that I can have access to well-priced and well built kits. I admit that the fit and finish *sometimes* can leave a little to be desired. Luckily, I've had no problem fulfilling those desires with an X-acto knife. LOL.

Who are the Leafs? J/K. Don't really care for Hockey. I'm into motorsports.

Wow, fantastic work! That would look sweet pulling the CN slug I've been building for the last oh...six years. (sigh)
Would you consider sending some pics to Morgan at CRM?
Oh and welcome!!

I would really like to get some pics published, but, like I said, I have a couple of modules to build before that happens. Just for the record, it's missing all kinds of details to be a slug mother. Most noticeable are the big "jumper cables" on the pilot edges. I am dying to build a slug set. Apparently Kaslo will be making some???

Great work efram!

I've got a Kaslo GP10 waiting to be done. Glad to see that their models have so much potential.

I have a CNR M420 awaiting final assembly. I want to get my hands on the Atlas U23B chassis before I go too far. Sometimes you can break off details trying to fine tune a chassis/shell fit. I am really happy that I can have access to well-priced and well built kits. I admit that the fit and finish *sometimes* can leave a little to be desired. Luckily, I've had no problem fulfilling those desires with an X-acto knife. LOL.

Who are the Leafs? J/K. Don't really care for Hockey. I'm into motorsports.

Thanks for the info on the M420. Appreciate it.

I don't really care for motorsports, more into Hockey. Can't stand to watch cars going in circles :D:D To each his own hey!

Here's the Kaslo/P2K SD60F. Digitrax decodered, weathered to photos taken of 5512 in Montreal, fall 2005. Obviously, not as weather-beaten as 7052. Like 7052, it has yet to turn a wheel in revenue service.

IMG_0764.png

IMG_0766.png

IMG_0767.png

IMG_0768.png

IMG_0769.png

IMG_0771.png

IMG_0772.png

WOW:eek::eek: Excellent stuff!! Wish it was on my layout:D
Great subtle weathering and great detail
icon14.gif

Thanks for sharing.

I do like the way those dummy headlight lenses look compared to a lighted model. I wish there was a way to get them look that good off and still have them light.

I think, (and this is really a guess... IF you paint the micro-bulb and the drilled out housing with silver paint, (except the "lense") it would appear that way when not light... it would be worth trying it out.... see what happens.

I got an Atlas U23B chassis this weekend! M420, here I come!!!

Back