New Stewart F7 Chassis

Wally

Does anyone know if the new Stewart Chassis with Loc sound will fit an Athearn Genesis body?

Glad to see you made it Wally! Hopefully these guys will have more experience with this than I do.

He'd like to use the new Stewart sound chassis with his Athearn shells. The Stewart sound chassis frames are the same as the rest of the Stewart-made F unit frames, with the exception of the speaker, so has anybody used a Stewart chassis for an Athearn shell in the past?

I've never done it, but the HighLiner (Athearn Genesis) shells are designed to fit Athearn Genesis or Stewart Drives according to the HighLiner info in the Walthers Cat.

Just got word from Bowser that the Athearn shells should fit without modification. It sounds like the Intermountain shells fit with little or no modification as well.

Sorry to bring up an old thread...just thought I would pass the info along. :)

Wally and I have continued this discussion via email, and it looks like the frame needs a little modification, and right now there is some slight interference between the trucks and the steps on the Athearn shell. It may just be a matter of seating the shell better on the chassis (he mentioned a little filing perhaps). I don't have any Athearn shells to play with, but I'll try to update this thread as I hear more. :)

Back