New shots from my layout

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Here are some shots from my layout, such as it is.

lsa1.jpg

In this first one, I was seeing if I could make a decent 'night shot'.

lsa2.jpg

Same shot, but with the lights on.

lsa3.jpg

Here I decided to turn the locos light on and "WOW", did that make a difference!

lsa4.jpg

Same subect, straight on shot.

lsa5.jpg

This shot came out pretty good. The loco on the right is an E7, on the left is an E6.

lsa6.jpg

Another 'night' shot. Yes, that's a Union Pacific E6B you see there.

lsa7.jpg

Here's one of my industrial areas.

lsa8.jpg

A different angle on the industrial area. That's a GP30 lashed up to the UP E6B.

lsa9.jpg

Birds eye view of the industrial area. The black cylinders on the left are something that can be found in about every rural backyard in the US. Septic tanks.

lsa10.jpg

A look down the spur going into the left side of the industrial area. That's an EMD SW1200 you see there.

Nice shots, Jeff. I see you're using built in ballast. What about that hole in the wall, though?

Judging by looking at past photos, thats a window with a window AC unit put in it.

Nice pics you've got there Jeffrey!

Jeff -

Those night scenes are fantastic! For some reason I like the top [first] one best of all - it has an eerie look to it, like a ghost train

Yeah, I never noticed that. The fuzziness helps with the effect, too.

The extra window is covered up, and the backdrop has broken away. My dad's AC units never filled the window fully on his trailer.

The area with the hole is leftover from a mine scene that was on the previous layout. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet as track work and wiring take precedence.

Back