New scale modeller. Glad it's making a comeback!

Scotia modeller

Hi there,
First off.. Thanks to all of the pros out there for posting content to help new modellers learn techniques. There are so many amazing artists out there! I became inspired when I saw Luke Towan's videos. Since then, I've discovered a passion for boats, seaside structure building, tanks, book books and making water themed dioramas using resin. I ended up at this site looking for sign graphics for a Carolina Craftsman kit and you did not disappoint. Thanks.
Tracey

Scale modelling, of course. I know scale modelling has been around for generations and is used in engineering and filmmaking and architecture, etc. But many feel it's been a bit of a dying art. And if you talk to anyone from the XGen and back, you will find a large percentage of the population of built models as kids and lots continue to this day. With the rise in technological pastimes virtual experiences, many kids today have never built a model. Model shops and Hobby stores have closed down. We have only a couple small ones where I live. I've seen the demographics of modelling groups. Not many young people or women.
Having said that, You tube has had a hand in highlighting the talents of scale modellers like never before. Resin printers have sparked an interest in many to start building scale models. I believe the art is picking up popularity again. I see shops adding more modelling materials and kits, younger people are making a strong presence online demonstrating hands on scale modelling skills. It's great. I think it will pick up momentum from here. Covid19 has also had a hand in prompting crafting in general.
Someone on the site made a comment about people visiting the site and using the files and then not registering or participating in the discussions or thanking those who spent hours uploading content.
Well, I wanted to say thanks to the people who spent their time and energy to ultimately help others and to promote the hobby.
When people do say thanks or post a comment and join the group, a welcome is a nice start to your reply, I think. 😉

Back