New Rock Island Website

Zephyr

Rocket Red
I just finished my website based on my fantasy modern-day Rock Island railroad:
www.rockrail.com

This website serves as a virtual representation of my model railroad empire. I will be updating this site in the future as I finish new modeling projects and as I have more time to create new pages and make the website flow smoother.

I would be interested in hearing your comments/suggestions; please let me know what you think!

Very nice work. Professional looking. You may get some requests for shipping quotes! I like the disclaimer too.

I'd like to do something similar one day for my freelance road, the SouthWestern Ontario RR.

Yep, looks like lots of people are taking a look at your site. You'll have to upgrade the server. :) I'll have a look again later.

Still getting "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded". This is what happens when you post your website to forums like this. We all want to see it and your site gets hammered. Maybe you can talk to your web host and see if you can get more bandwidth for a reasonable price.

This is my fault, as I am the webhoster of Zephyr's website. The bandwidth limit was set to only 150MB, which is why he exceeded his limit in a relatively short time. (should have thought of this when he told me the site was making a big debut) I went ahead and reset his bandwidth to 3000MB (3 gigs), so he can have over 1,000 different people download his entire site every single day.

The site should be working fine now...

http://www.rockrail.com

Daniel Ocean, Terry Benedict, someone an Ocean's 11-13 fan?

Do I see trackage rights over Cajon!? Maybe I'll have to mix in one unit, just to match your history! :p

Very cool, keep up the great work!

Thanks everyone! This was a very fun project.

Josh, you guessed it, I am an Oceans fan. It also fits in with the Rock Island/Rock Lobster scheme (islands, ocean). Perhaps someday we will have to mix in our respective units!

Dang, Zephyr, that is the most realistic web site I've ever seen for a non-existent railroad. Really great job, especially the imagination it took for the Rock to merge with the SP. I wonder how long it will be before someone does a Google search for a Rock Island route map and yours will pop up. "What the heck?" will echo across the nation. :)

Thanks everyone! This was a very fun project.

Josh, you guessed it, I am an Oceans fan. It also fits in with the Rock Island/Rock Lobster scheme (islands, ocean). Perhaps someday we will have to mix in our respective units!
I'll see about commandeering a future AC4400 purchase for a Rock unit. ;) After all, I already have an IB unit on roster (CSX_Road_slug's railroad).

Daniel Ocean, Terry Benedict, someone an Ocean's 11-13 fan?

Do I see trackage rights over Cajon!? Maybe I'll have to mix in one unit, just to match your history! :p

Very cool, keep up the great work!

Agreed I would love to see a Rock lashed up with my feelanced road

very nice web site really like the paint jobs keep up the great work <R.I.> will live on.You have given me some good ideas <OKIECRIP>

Back