New PK2 SW8's Arrive

NZRMac

In Training Down Under.
Not really much to show off. Playing with my new switchers on my carpet layout.

It's a cr*p photo sorry

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice loco! I love our P2K switcher. They really run well and look great. My guess is that that one won't be on the carpet much longer. ;)

Ken

I see you have the Cat set. We sold a ton of them, but then Cat is our "big" employer as well as their world headquaters. How does it run?

GM I hopeing the layout will start soon, designing the darn thing is getting tiring!! These PK2's have sound so are a little on the light side, one set of wheels has rubber tires! but they pull all that heavy Cat stuff!!

David, The Cat set is kinda cool, all diecast except the trucks so everything is really heavy. Needs a DCC decoder and I'm sure it will be fine. My bro-inlaw uses all Cat equipment (20 diggers 6 Kenworths) so he got me the last one in NZ. It's an Australian edition ( different voltage transformer) mine is number 226 out of 500 made, kinda special?

Edit. The decoder arrived in yesterdays mail, I'm going to use all Lenz Gold series decoders in my fleet. They have some cool features like auto braking at a red signal etc. I've fitted one to the Cat loco and it's as smooth as silk.

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update.

The decoder arrived in yesterdays mail, I'm going to use all Lenz Gold series decoders in my fleet. They have some cool features like auto braking/stop at a red signal etc (with a Lenz brake module). I've fitted one to the Cat loco and it's as smooth as silk.

Ken.

Back