Smudge617

Hi Everyone
I'm based in the UK and have been a OO gauge modeller for some years now, my main interest being British Steam Locomotives of the big 4 (1923-37) nearly all are London North Eastern Region as it is an area I know well.
I have been an avid steam follower since my teens after working at Steamtown in the north of England, which, at the time, was the base for Loco's such as Mallard and Flying Scotsman, it was there I fell in love with steam and still am.
I fell into HO gauge by accident, after seeing an American 0-8-0 steam Loco and deciding that I wanted it, since then I have been slowly expanding my, (extremely), limited knowledge of the American steam era, I have an SD7 as well, purely because I like the model, although it's presently giving me a headache over its motherboard.

Last edited:
Welcome Smudge!
There are members of the forum from all over the world.
There are many sections here for different areas of interest and the ANPL is for general comments, except for politics and religion.
Stop by and say, "hello".

Welcome aboard Smudge. I think that you will like it here. We don't have a lot of active members from across the pond, but check out some of the posts from Jaz Avalley over in the Coffee Shop. She does a fine job modeling the grit of UK railroading.

Welcome aboard !
toot.gif

Back