New layout

Thanks for the photos. Looks like great fun WC. You have a bunch of good gear. I just scored a slightly used prodigy express for my N scale empire. Eventually might upgrade it with an advance squared handheld and the 2.5 amp power supply.

Mike

Thanks Mike!!! Yeah I got the advanced Sqaured for a killer deal right when they came out plus dont ask me how I did it but I got MRC to up my amp to 3 when I sent it in for a electrical glitch it had. And it has been fun was just running a 25 car train tonight the loco didt like it so much but none of my four like to run the same speed when put together so i try an limit them to around 15.

Well since I have not been able to find track cheap I kinda redid the long section of the layout. I added an area where I can do some switching, took me awhile since RTS decided to crash on me but I was able to get it back after the third time!!!!!! let me know what you think of the changes...

... And it has been fun was just running a 25 car train tonight the loco didt like it so much but none of my four like to run the same speed when put together so i try an limit them to around 15.

This can be cured by speed matching them via the CV adjustments.

This can be cured by speed matching them via the CV adjustments.
Speed matching is one of the reasons I wanted the prodigy DCC system. In a seven engine consist I had a some faster kato AC4400CW's lashed to two slower atlas DASH 8-30B on my DC layout and ran them quite a few laps. Because the multiple katos were faster and stronger they overpowered the DASH-8's...pulling them faster than they are geared for. Oh well.......lesson learned. :eek:

Now one of the D8's makes a clicking noise when run by itself. I think it stressed the drive gears...but still pulls many cars no problem. Perhaps some teflon grease or graphite would stop the clicking? Anyone use graphite on loco gears? Amazing how my older MRC tech-2 1500 powerpack pushes seven N scale locomotives at once. Some component inside close to the throttle shaft got pretty hot after awhile though. Definitely passed my abuse test without failing. :D

Mike

I have no problems pairing up my dc athrean locos all my 4400's run together fine, SD 40's ,athrean gen SD 70 macs and 70 I's

Back