GuilfordRailman

Hello Fellow Modelers!

Many of you know me from my N Scale Micro-Layout thread. I have decided to build an HO Scale shelf layout as my next build. This build will most likely happen over a longer period of time despite it being a small layout. If only my boss would understand my need to model trains all day and pay me for that instead...Anyways, here is what I am thinking for a layout.

I plan on using a 30" x 80" hollow core door to model an inglenook. There will be a single industry that services a variety of cars. I am thinking a bakery complex again, just like the micro-layout:) I plan to use the Magic Pan Bakery Kit. I have not decided on what track to use yet, but the layout will utilize my DCC system so I can run sound locomotives.

Here is a quick schematic of the track plan and a 3D rendering:

HO Inglenook.png

HO Inglenook 3D.png

Since you will be doing switching on the layout as a main feature. Might suggest you change the radius to 22 or 24" as it will make coupling the cars easier then an 18" radius.
This was a quick mockup of the layout using flex track so I never actually looked at the radius carefully enough but good point! I’ll make that change to make sure coupling is going to work better. Thanks!

The Magic Pan Bakery comes with extra wall sections in case you want to substitute. I used them to enlarge the structure with a truck loading extension and made a roof extension from .040" styrene.
View attachment 164645
I also added a Rix tank and some piping/pump house for the corn oil.
View attachment 164646
Very nice Willie, looks really good, great work as always.

The Magic Pan Bakery comes with extra wall sections in case you want to substitute. I used them to enlarge the structure with a truck loading extension and made a roof extension from .040" styrene.
View attachment 164645
I also added a Rix tank and some piping/pump house for the corn oil.
View attachment 164646
Looks great! Good to know about the additional wall sections. Thanks!

Back