New Here

Tuna

Howdy,

Just joined this forum and thought I'd say hi.

I've been 'playing' with HO trains for a few short years now with a focus on late steam, specifically UP steam and Alton Limited (C&A) stuff. No layout yet, my wife let's me take up the 'reading room' from Thanksgiving to Valentines Day then I have to put it away. She let's me display my locomotives all year though - just no track on the floor.

My latest locomotive is UP 844 by Athearn Genesis - sweet piece. I use it to pull my UP passenger cars.

That's all for now.

Welcome aboard.
Hope to see some track plan for a more permanent layout in your future.

get some pix up of your equipment, I love to see any kind of steam.

Hello, Mr. Tuna, and welcome aboard. Sounds like you have some pretty nice equipment for a guy who's stuck running them on the floor. :)

Like the others have said, Welcome aboard! Hope you'll find space for some benchwork pretty soon - operating trains on the floor can be mighty hard on one's back after awhile!

Welcome aboard, Tuna. Glad to see another eager face here. That sounds like a nice engine. I hope you have many good running hours with it.

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Yes, running the trains on the floor is a pain in the back and knees but that's the best I can do for now. I'm out of room for anything else but I've just got to play with trains. My wife and I have a plan for a bigger house/garage when we retire (6-7 years), then I'll get something done about a layout - unless something comes along sooner.

Not Muskogee but "Mustang, OK". Actually, I'm a Louisiana transplant. The Air Force left me here and I married an Okie so I'm stuck here - can't complain.

I go through that area every year on my way to Albuquerque. Slab houses though no basements , that's a bummer. I suppose you were over at Tinker?
Both my older brothers were AF retirees. One lives in Brokenarrow , same thing married an Okey so that's where he lives.

You know Tuna I think that the N-scaler club went in with the HO club in OKC and they have a place at the crossroads mall. Might be something worth looking into on the weekends during the time you can't run your trains on the carpet. I'm pretty sure both are there and have club layouts up if I remember correctly after talking to one of the N-scaler guys.

Welcome aboard....

CanuckMark is right. They treat newbies well here. I have had lots of questions and came away with great ideas and answers. The Sir help on this forum is the best that I have found.

It is a shame that you have to run your railroad on the floor. Hope to see you up (and I mean standing up) and running soon.

FK

I go through that area every year on my way to Albuquerque. Slab houses though no basements , that's a bummer. I suppose you were over at Tinker?
Both my older brothers were AF retirees. One lives in Brokenarrow , same thing married an Okey so that's where he lives.

Actually, I was never assigned to Tinker. I was assigned to the FAA at Will Rogers airport in a 'military re-embursable' position - basically an AF officer working for the FAA as if I was an FAA employee wearing civilian clothes. Retired from the AF and still work for the FAA. Nice when you can make that work.

Back