New Guy

Hi everyone. I first started model railroading about 20 years ago. I built a 4 x 8 layout utilizing a toy train set. It actually didn't turn out too bad, scenery wise. Well, life got in the way and I moved twice since then. Now I'm retired and have more time and decided to start again. I built a room in my basement (11' x 17') and decided to do it right this time....well, kind of right. I know it's sacrilegious, but I'm more interested in the scenery aspect than I am the trains.
I'm hoping that you guys can help me out when I have questions. I'll post some pictures of my progress once I figure out how to post pictures.

If you're lookin' fer troubl, er, scenery, y've come to ther right place.

I shall now take you to meet Jim (HO explorer) and his PCM&T railroad, the first page on Jan 2nd 2012 and 248 pages to follow. Jim's hobby is photography. Model trains are secondary and the trains etc serve that and the scenery he creates. He has now finished with the modelling now and showing us pictures we haven't seen before, He has them from HO through to Z. Unfortunately some got lost to the Photobucket debacle. Enjoy and be instructed by a master builder and photographer.

Greetings and welcome to here.

Scenery is nice, we love scenery! Everyone has something they like about the hobby, the trains are what link the various parts of the hobby.

Thanks everyone. I model HO, should have said that in my first post. I've got pictures of my layout starting with the building of the room and benchwork. I can post my progress starting from the beginning. Which board would be the best place to start posting? To attach a picture should I just click on "Attach files" and drag a photo from my computer? Anything more than that and I become technologically challenged.
Browsing through the website has been a very pleasant surprise. The talent here is a bit humbling, but gives me something to strive for.
Thanks again for the welcomes.

Since I don't know any better, I will just call you "TIN"!
Welcome to the forum! You can post pic from the web, or from your phone and or computer; simply use the 'attach file' function and find the photo you want to post in your computer, or phone. ALSO - You can simply copy and drag the photo into your post.
With either one you will need to choose 'full size' or 'thumbnail'.

Ask if you need more help? ENJOY!

Since I don't know any better, I will just call you "TIN"!
Welcome to the forum! You can post pic from the web, or from your phone and or computer; simply use the 'attach file' function and find the photo you want to post in your computer, or phone. ALSO - You can simply copy and drag the photo into your post.
With either one you will need to choose 'full size' or 'thumbnail'.

Ask if you need more help? ENJOY!
Thanks bud. Tin Can Sailor comes from a previous life where I was actually a tin can sailor in the US Navy. I lived and served on a WW2 destroyer for 3-1/2 years from 1969-73. My name is Kevin, but doesn't Tin Can Sailor sound way cooler? I figured out how to post photos and have posted them on the Showing Off board if you want to check them out. Thanks for the welcome Sir fold.

Tin Can Sailor comes from a previous life where I was actually a tin can sailor in the US Navy. I lived and served on a WW2 destroyer for 3-1/2 years from 1969-73.
Actually, KEVIN, Tin Can is pretty neat - I had you figured out right out of the gate! You're in good company around here - several former Navy guys here ... and three others from my Bunco group locally were Navy. Lots of Marines in the family too!

Back