new guy with some pics

Traintown

I am new here and would like to post some pics if I can and see what you all think
DSC03606.jpg

This is the new lumber yard
DSC03603.jpg

Some of the stock for sale (more to be delivered)
DSC03601.jpg

The lumber shed.
I would like your opinions, would you like me to post more sometimes or not? Thanks, Mike

Beautiful work! I'm always amazed at the detail you can show in HO scale. (Jaw drops looiking at chainlink fencing) Yes, by all means, show as many pics as often as you're willing. :)

:) Very Nice!!!...Great cloud work too ...and I see its all scratch built!...very cool!!...Althou me working as a supervisor for the phone company ,I almost wanted to dispatch a crew for that down line!!!...Yeah keep em coming!!

Mike, excellent work with the lumber and the shed! The chainlink fence rates a definate WOW! Please keep on sharing.

The chainlink fencing looks fantastic, is it home-grown? If so what raw material did you use for the meshing?

CSX......I used some some tula (SP) I got at Wally World, rather expensive....Cost $1.00 a yard, and I have enough to put fence around everything on the layout if I want. The barbed wire is simply gray thread. Mike

Traintown said:
CSX......I used some some tula (SP) I got at Wally World, rather expensive....Cost $1.00 a yard, and I have enough to put fence around everything on the layout if I want. The barbed wire is simply gray thread. Mike
Looks like the stuff they make ballet tutu's (sp?) out of - if so, I got a ton of that already (my two youngest girls were into ballet last year, but dropped out):cool:

I'm not sure what they make tutu's out of, I'm thinking it will be to big. I think what this is used for is bridial vails and the such. I measured the little holes and they are about 1.5mm. (My eyes are not as good as I would like) I used a digital calipers to measuer. If you need more help, I am never very far away. Mike

Thats the same stuff my wife used on her dress. Its spelt Tulle for anyone who cares..

Mike, I really like your detail work. The honky-tonk reminds me of a few places I frequented in my younger and more rowdy days. Ya-hoo! :cool: :D

Amazing what you can pick up at craft places. I always find I get unusual looks when I go into "those" places. Gives me some ideas fo other projects I've been putting off.

Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard

Fergie

Great looking work

:D
Great looking work Mike,love that drive in,reminds me of my teener years at a place called the Dixie here at home.Keep posting.
Mike:D

Back