New Guy modeling in HO

PMW

HI, all. I am new to the forum and pretty new to model railroading (about 3 years). My first crack at a layout ended up being a great learning experience but it was far from finished when I decided it wasn't what I wanted and salvaged what I could and have started again.

I started building my current layout in April of '20 (had lots of time in the beginning because I was laid of for quite a while due to Covid). It's an 11'x12' around the room with a small peninsula. Almost all of the track is in place but still quite a bit to glue. I've also built some structures from kits and am using jmri operations to start getting into ops. The latter is what brings me here :) . I will peruse the forum and try to find a place to post my operations question.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome aboard! Lots of knowledgeable people here that can help/advise etc. Most of us hit the coffee shop for some small talk.

.....for all kinds of banter and what not. So just dive in and don't be shy. ;)

Thanks everyone! Sorry, my name is Paul and I will certainly post some pics but I'm a beginner and my layout isn't that impressive.

Thanks everyone! Sorry, my name is Paul and I will certainly post some pics but I'm a beginner and my layout isn't that impressive.

Welcome Paul! We all started at the beginning at some point. Some of us have started over more times than we can count. Nonetheless this hobby is a lot of fun and with a lot to learn. Enjoy & have fun! We are here for ya should you have questions. Don't be shy on posting pictures....

Welcome aboard Paul. Ask away with any questions.
Gary I'm not sure your avatar is the picture that everyone is posting about!;) If so, I'll give you a run for the money! lol

Back