New Guy from Long Island

LIRR Guy

Hello everybody! Great site, Just started getting back into the hobby after a long absence. While going through my old stuff i just didn't realize how many projects are still left to finish. Crazy thing is i'm already planning some new ones. The big reason i jumped back in is to build a father & son layout with my 4 y/o boy. While thinking about his, i decided dad should make one for himself. My son's will be a 4x8 O scale, while i'm sticking with HO. I decided on O for him because his grandfather got him a Lionel set for Christmas, and i'm getting him the Polar Express set for his birthday. The larger size makes it easier for him to handle rolling stock at this point.

Well, a warm hello again and i'm sure i'll have a million questions, so please bear with me. :) John D

Welcome aboard, John, and don't be afraid to ask away. That's why we're all here. I'm glad to see you doing a layout with your son. I got started liking trains because my dad and built a layout together when I was a young'un.

Hi John, from one LI'er to another, I was born in Mineola.
I'm glad to see you joined the forum, it's a great place with many helpful individuals and many with lots of experience.

It's great to hear your getting involved for both you and your son. Your intro reminded me of how I got involved in trains and is almost identical. My Grandfater, back in 1945, bought both myself and my cousin a Lionel train set which I had for many years but switched to HO around age 8, I think it was, and started building my on engines and cars and have stayed with the hobby in HO for many years now and currently building an around the wall layout in my garage. I have the plan and various shots on the site here. If you need help just ask.

We will all be glad to offer you whatever help we can so don't hesitate to ask, Ok.

Good to have you onboard.

Oh, and Happy New Year and the best to you!

David

Thanks so much for the nice welcome! Glad to be able to communicate with people from everywhere. Especially nice to see some members that are local.

Hi New Guy from Long Island where in long island you at me in holtsville off 495 at exit 62.if want we can catch up at show .I just started getting back into the hobby myself after 10Year i use to run the sun vetcoin & hobby shop at the sun vet mall in Holtsville

Back