New Forum Member Intoduction

rardiMarx

Hello HO Enthusiasts:

Background: My first model railroad electric train was 1962. Lionel 3 rail O scale. Although not really used much, kept it through many moves over the years. Still runs! My 4.5 year old grandson has been fascinated with trains since age 1.5 years. I taped "Thomas" paper cutouts over the Lionel. We have played with many times. He has been hooked ever since. Here is a recent photo of him and his Mom in a real steam engine. Just several weeks ago. Martinez California.

Reason for joining the forum: I happened last week upon a 1950's/60's Marx HO set. The engine turned out to be dead. I am the type that can take a apart and troubleshoot most stuff. Got the "New York Central" 6096 steam engine running fine again. Grandson was over the moon when he saw it. But all is not good with the set. It's the tracks. I will be posting questions on the forum soon.

regards, rardi

Attachments

• 6096.jpg
    6096.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 113
  • BR.jpg
    BR.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 115
Got the "New York Central" 6096 steam engine running fine again. Grandson was over the moon when he saw it. But all is not good with the set. It's the tracks. I will be posting questions on the forum soon.
Yeah, Marx HO track was never wonderful on several counts.

Back