New feature coming to the photo gallery

bob

Administrator
Staff member
When we upgrade the forum and photo gallery, we'll be moving to a new software program. I've just found out about an exciting new feature. The gallery will have an "album" section. It will make browsing albums easy, while also allowing you to group together photos of your model railroad or project in one place. You can easily add photos later, and they'll show up with the other photos in your album.

Here's a sample of what it will look like:
http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/index.php?media/categories/garden-photo-albums.12/

That really sounds good Bob. I guess that I am a photo hog posting so many of them, but being able to have one complete album for your own layout is sweet.

That really sounds good Bob. I guess that I am a photo hog posting so many of them, but being able to have one complete album for your own layout is sweet.

It really is! I'm very excited about this feature. Here's what it will look like. This is the "show us your garden" feature over in the gardening forum. (That's a small forum I keep around as a test bed for stuff like this to make R&D easier).

http://www.gardenforums.com/forum/index.php?media/categories/albums-show-us-your-garden.13/

On this page you'll a dozen albums of various people's gardens. They can add photos to the album any time they want, and they'll show up there as well.

You may be thinking "Wait, don't we already have those?!?" Well, yes, sort of... We have personal albums, and if you want to go dig through them all, you can find some neat stuff. But navigation is challenging and they're not sorted in any kind of useful way. This will be set up with some categories. For example, it may be "Layout Tours" "Construction Photos" "Scenery" "Structures" "Rolling Stock" You might be working on a building and create an album in structures. During the project you drop a few new photos in once a week or so. At the end of the project, we have a nice collection of photos showing the whole job. Pretty cool, right? I think this will be a neat option!

I think that is something that should work out well. I think I started a thread on my layout in 2012 and am now up to 24 pages and should add some more photos with projects have been done since that last posting. Can comments be made on the photos?

Bob, What are the chances you can slow down the speed at which photos move across the page? I find my eyes are just starting to see what the photo shows, when the picture moves across to the left. I find the speed they are moving now, is annoying.

That's our own shooting gallery Mark. Got'ta get your pointer on the one you want and click real fast. Win a cuddly Teddy Bear, if you can knock them down, all in a row.

Reactions: bob
I'll check to see if I can change the speed. Also, you can use the left and right arrows to scroll manually, or if you see a photo that interests you, click on it to view the full size image. That's pretty much the intent, they're just teaser shots to give you an idea and encourage you to view the large images.

I understand how to work the photos, sometimes I just want to view what people have posted and simply feel that the photos change annoyingly quickly.

I don't see an option to slow them down. I've reduced the number, which makes them larger and easier to see, maybe that will help?

Back