new atlas cleaning car

I have 1 question about that self contained cleaning car. They have a video on it on U-Tube. What if your track is tooo dirty to make that thing move very far? They (Atlas) doesn't say anything about that.

larry

Got a link for that Larry? I tried a search, came up empty:(

I know I saw that on the NMRA 2008 Atlas line that was coming out in Dec. Tried to locate it on Utube, but came up short.
Somebody will find it I'm sure.

Larry

I have 1 question about that self contained cleaning car. They have a video on it on U-Tube. What if your track is tooo dirty to make that thing move very far? They (Atlas) doesn't say anything about that.

larry

Maybe you could push it in front of an engine?
100 bucks can buy alot of rubbing alcohol and wipes. :D

A piece of Masonite works just as good if not better if you don't put gunk on your tracks :D
Let's see you can buy a lot of Masonite for $100 ;)
(I can post some photos if anyone is interested but I'll have to take the pictures first)
Cheers
Willis

I clean all of my track w/a pc. of masonite hanging under a box car. I have about 4 of them. Always have them someplace in the line of cars, even pulling passenger cars.

Larry

Umm, yeah, I can clean my whole layout for years with a homemade masonite boxcar that probably cost me $10 and $4 for a sheet of masoninte that will last for the next 10 years. I also "Gleamed" all my track (do a search here if you haven't heard of it) and find I normally have to clean my tracks about once every six months. I find the most important thing is just running regularly. Even five minutes a day keeps down the crud on both the tracks and the wheels.

Track cleaning cars are NOT designed for use after months of non-running or neglect of your layout, they are for general maintance. If you haven't run for awhile, you're gonna need some good old fashioned manual labor and THEN use the car to keep it clean.

If you don't clean your tile floors regularly, running a damp mop over it is not going to clean up the months of crud build up in your grout ;)

I have one that's been run once in a year. After gleaming early last year I've only had to clean the track once or twice.

ok..this is like pulling teeth...larry and ham..how bout telling me your opinion oh how it works...is it woth my purchase?....thanks Tommy

ok..this is like pulling teeth...larry and ham..how bout telling me your opinion oh how it works...is it woth my purchase?....thanks Tommy

I guess you didn't read the post I put up about this cleaning car. Shame on you. That's why I bumped it back up on the forum.

It's a WASTE of your Money. "Don't" buy it.:mad:

Back