New 2 the forum here is my roster

LATX

I am new this forum and i knw a lot of yu have pictures and stuff of yur trains and layout progress right now i'm limited by gettin on the forum thru my sidekick and old id model at dat lol but b4 i moved i had made a youtube video of my locomotive roster you can look it up frm user f7aengineer or yu can search video title " a quick tour of the los altos repair yard" that's where i got the name latx for my repair facuility i'm goin b building called los altos terminal railroad yu can post yur comments here or on youtube thanxs in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
How old are you? And why do you have to post in limphonics? No offense but just irritates me trying to read and understand your posts.

Hi, LATX. Welcome. As you can sense from the first response above, the culture here is somewhat intolerant of phonetic and short-script texting-type messages. We all type out in long hand for the sake of courtesy for those many of us older guys who don't text.

I'll go have a look at your site. I hope you can stay and enjoy yourself here. We're a good bunch of guys who seem to get along famously...unlike some other forums. :rolleyes:

-Crandell

Im only 20, and even his post is hard for me to read... lol I text message alot, but i dont abbreviate things because I have a keyboard phone... If someone sends me a text that has a bunch of abbreviation in it, i tell them to retype it and send it to me again or im not texting them back lol

LATX, take some time and type things out without using abbreviations, alot of the guys and gals (myself included) here dont like to read the way you have written your first post, it makes you have to think about what is being read.

sidekick ID

O im sorry I was saying I am limited to using my sidekick ID ( basically a sidekick 2) for use of the internet and it that phone have a limited text lettering my apologies right now I am using my fiance sidekick 09 to redo my last post. Im 25 and im sorry if I offened anyone

You have a sidekick? What's his name? Is your sidekick a monkey on your shoulder?

I'm just kidding, you didn't offend anyone, we just want you to write out full sentences, it's easier for us old guys to understand. ;)

Agreed, no one is offended. But ethically, and somewhat self-serving, we do try to be up front and accurate/honest with each other, and certainly welcome newbies that way so they know what they are getting into. :)

I don't know what a sidekick is, unless we are in a karate dojo. :D

-Crandell

O im sorry I was saying I am limited to using my sidekick ID ( basically a sidekick 2) for use of the internet and it that phone have a limited text lettering my apologies right now I am using my fiance sidekick 09 to redo my last post. Im 25 and im sorry if I offened anyone

No apologies needed LATX, you havnt offended anyone here, its just nice to read a post without having to process it and think about what you are reading :D

Emd f40ph

Welcome Latx. I see you are into Amtrax loco's. nice collection looking at your youtube.

Thank you I really like EMD F40PH that's y I choose Amtrak bbecause they had the most fleet of EMD F40's
In a lot of different vartions.

I am thinkin of having 4 of EMD DDA40X added to my fleet as well as some GP40X's for Union Pacific as well as the EMD SD70ACE heritiage units jus for the times at the club runs but im not sure yet I still have a lot more F40's to acquire and some F59PHI's I mite get a P40 and Some more Dash 8-32BWH but I really love them F40's lol

Back