Needed H.O. Scale Vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early 1940 Greyhounds.

Walthers will soon have these out and they are metal. July/15/2007 possible ship date.

GreyhoundBus.png

There will be four to chose from ( destination signs ) New York-Los Angeles-Chicago and a blank sign.

Also one that is listed as just "Union Pacific".Probably in UP colors?

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/221-32101

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Who makes those step vans, and where, besides E-Bay can you get them??? I would LOVE the FED-EX and ARAMARK trucks!!! Can you find them at stores???? Those are NICE!!!!!!

Wow, Who makes those step vans, and where, besides E-Bay can you get them??? I would LOVE the FED-EX and ARAMARK trucks!!! Can you find them at stores???? Those are NICE!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure they were made by Johnny Lightning a couple years ago. They're probably somewhere in between 1:64 and 1:87, but they do look pretty good.

Do an eBay search for "johnny lightning true grit" and you'll see a bunch of trucks from that series. I have several of the Mountain Dew beverage trucks and they look great as well. Again, not perfect HO scale, but pretty close.

I just came up with yet ANOTHER vehicle I'd like to see in H.O. scale. How about some EVO and Lodal garbage trucks?? You know, the weird looking ones!!!!

2 years ago I bought 6 of the Johnny Lightning Coca Cola trucks in 1/87th.
They usually only sell them at Christmas at my store. I also bought 4 of the UPS Christmas trucks last year. I also bought 6 DHL panel vans from Big Lots for a buck a piece. Dollar tree told me yesterday that they are coming out w/a whole new line of 1/87th semi's in about a month at different stores.
The problem about getting any vehicles is; "You Gotta be at the right place at the right time".

Larry

I just came up with yet ANOTHER vehicle I'd like to see in H.O. scale. How about some EVO and Lodal garbage trucks?? You know, the weird looking ones!!!!

I tossed some refuse truck photo links to Athearn in the hopes that they will bring out something using their Mack R and/or Ford C cabs. My hope is that we will see the Leach Packmaster, which was one of the most common and long lasting refuse bodies in the US (sort of the SD40-2 of refuse trucks). These would be useful for any era from 1959 to the present day, which can hardly be said about many prototypes.

I seem to recall either Matchbox or Hot Wheels had a Lodal or similar refuse truck in their line sometime in the 80s (my little cousin had one he called a "garbage car"). I have no idea what the model would scale to, but since those models were sized to the box more than to a particular scale, their heavy trucks tended to be close to HO scale.

Front loaders are another variation on the refuse truck I'd love to see, though I see more of a need for the rear loaders like the Leach Packmaster. In the front loader category, those Pak-Mor barrel bodies are sure interesting creatures to behold.

Yea RCH,

I agree about the front loader trucks that lift the dumpsters to unload them. Those would be GREAT in H.O. scale.

The only reason I like the EVO's and Lodal's is that is all Kenosha has!!! We used to have the Leach body trucks (International cabs), but replaced them all with the EVO's and Lodal's. I'd like to see the Leach body's, too. Especially on the Ford C truck!!!!!!

Ah, well if they're in Wisconsin, maybe Walthers can answer the call. They are certainly not above doing something unusual. I wrote Athearn with the Leach body attached to the Ford C stuck in my mind, since that's what we had in my neighborhood when I grew up. I'm 33 and we still have these trucks picking up our garbage, although the trucks used today are the larger version on tandem axle chassis.

I was thinking the same thing about copyrights. If they are even available, the companies may be charging an enormous fee that wouldn't make production practical. Perhaps with a list, it would prompt the big guys to pay the fee so they know there is interest???

How about a 1950s era mining truck. Euclid, International, or Mack. All of the trucks available now are too modern. I'd also like a mining shovel from the 1946 to 1950 era. Ertal has a great model of a P&H shovel but it again is modern.

All of the trucks available now are too modern.

I seem to find the exact opposite. Truly modern trucks (as in the last 3-5 years) are difficult to find outside of resin craftsman-style kits or kit-bashing Herpa vehicles. I'm trying to collect enough tractors to model a UPS & Overnite fleet, but the Volvo and newer Mack trucks require resin kits that cost upwards of $40 a piece. On the other hand, Classic Metal Works makes dozens of 1950s trucks and other 1930s - 1960s vehicles in the $6 - $12 range. (http://www.toytrainheaven.com/.sc/ms/cat/HO Vehicles--Classic Metal Works)

I still cant believe, after all these years, and all of the over-the-road semi trucks that have been out. NO ONE, but NO ONE, makes a 1970's Kenworth Cab-Over in a single, double, or aerodyne version!!! Tyco did a sorry attempt, but where's the GOOD ones???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back