Need new trucks for this Locomotive

BigGRacing

Aka. Gary Russell
Hey everyone, Does anyone know the most cost effective way to get a new set of trucks (the six set) for this locomotive? I dont believe that these trucks come apart and I haven't been able to track down the correct size bushings.
Hudson in Green.PNG

Sirfoldalot, as BNSF just posted, it is a retired IHC brand, and that is why I don't want to part with it either. I love the colour on this engine. I tried to order screws from Bowser, but the female end is broken and nothing to screw into to effect repair, with my eyes, I can barely see the parts. and sorry the driving wheels. I am wondering if another brand might utilize similar parts and I could just do a transplant also like many of you do?

Hey everyone, Does anyone know the most cost effective way to get a new set of trucks (the six set) for this locomotive? I dont believe that these trucks come apart and I haven't been able to track down the correct size bushings.
View attachment 124088
Have you tried ebay for a similar engine you could canibalize for parts or even replace the whole chassis? Might be the simplest way.

Yes I started there, was hoping that someone knew here if someone bought IHC drawings and stuff like we hear here with other companies.....scale trains for example and MTH
How old is this 2003? Regardless I am guessing this diagram below is the same mechanism. This was in production from 1975-1980. Probably 3 zillion of them out there in the used toy train market.
https://hoseeker.net/ihc/ihcpartsandscratchbuildersbiblecatalogpg036.jpg

Of course you can get a whole new set for $130.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Presidents...653083?hash=item56f242d2db:g:NmYAAOSwei5gBMF0

Thanks Iron Horse, that is the drawing for sure. I will go check out the website. That set up here at. Acadian dollars with shipping is more than $200, would love to repair it cheaper than that for sure.

Thanks Iron Horse, that is the drawing for sure. I will go check out the website. That set up here at. Acadian dollars with shipping is more than $200, would love to repair it cheaper than that for sure.
Don't know if that particular website will help you find one. It is mostly a historical archive. Go to Ebay or the like and look for AHM or Rivarossi Hudson or 4-6-4 locos.

Don't know if that particular website will help you find one. It is mostly a historical archive. Go to Ebay or the like and look for AHM or Rivarossi Hudson or 4-6-4 locos.
By looking at the diagram, I'd say the parts look nearly identical to my Rivarossi Hudson.

I did a quick search on ebay for "Rivarossi Parts" and came up with a few hits:

Kind of hesitant to show you that last one, as I'm tempted to add that to my watch list. :)
And the green loco may not be the best choice as one of the driver wheelsets looks like it got a bit... warm... and may no longer be in gauge. ;)
But, this give you some ideas of what is out there.

Thank you, that last set is nice for sure, but it says won’t ship to Canada. It is more the fact whether I can get the parts apart or not without breaking everything despite it being broken already.

Sirfoldalot
Thanks, it is a threaded bushing where my screw threads into that I need. It is whether I can get the wheel off or not is the issue. I have a buddy that’s going to look at it with me next week.

Thanks, it is a threaded bushing where my screw threads into that I need. It is whether I can get the wheel off or not is the issue. I have a buddy that’s going to look at it with me next week.
Your best option is to cannibalize a spare mechanism, those Bowser crank pins are probably 0-80 English , the Rivarossi nut in the driver is probably a metric shoulder nut.

Rivarossi went bankrupt in '03 and Hornby bought the assets. Its exists now as brand name for Chinese manufactured products.

Well you were all successful in pushing me forward to find a solution. It might only work for a while, as the bushing still seems cracked, but I was able to get a screw into it from another old similar locomotive.
Thank you!
992401E6-93A9-4998-A319-F49B5132044B.jpeg
C2070CB5-C2AE-421F-AFEC-FE80120654AD.jpeg
1BD82E51-9FE7-4E29-8F5A-3DB9C632A6E4.jpeg
7B080EF5-0BCC-4CB3-B483-8B73BB4148E0.jpeg

Back