• Athearn BNSF GP50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Athearn BNSF GP60M

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Summit USA Taco Bell

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmm.. I think you need one of them Copper Range Baldwins. (Too bad no one makes any)
You mean this? http://rr.blockchoice.com/cr200.htm I have yet to finish her up.
A new cell phone, how, uh, practical.

Get her the cell phone, but surprise here with something romantic. Dinner out. Flowers. Plant her a garden.

This is your first anniversary--set the stage for more to come.

Space has a good idea. Josh, one thing to remember is that there isn't an even balance with gifts on Anniversaries and Valentine's Day. Yours to her had better be very special, bigger, better, and cost a heck of a lot more. I speak with 40 years experience.;) :D
Thanks guys! My Wife an I have discussed it, it does sound very cold, but she needs one (considering that LEMON of a Ford we recently bought!), and considering, by the time next years comes around, her gift will cost us (me) $560 ($20 phone, $540 in service costs), she's agree'd that the phone, plus a dinner are enough for her. Poor me, I get a $65-$80 train item. Oh well, its all worth it.

Josh,

You still don't get. You and she are being very practical. What she wants is for you to be a little more than practical. You don't have to spend any money if that is the issue. But if you don't, you have to do something impractical that shows that she is special above and beyond rational.

You are assuming she is thinking like you. That's like putting a decoder on a DC track and expecting your ditch lights to flash when you hit F7.

Grasshopper still has much to learn! I don't know how good a cook you are but if you could some how get her out of the house for a little bit cook one of her favorite meals and desert. Always worked for me whenever I was working part time and didn't have a lot of extra cash to throw around.

Josh I worked in a flower shop for 16 years and a nice bouquet always warms a woman's heart. A nd I don't mean a single rose. I have stories about guys coming in from the bar a few buildings down who would buy a single rose for some woman in the bar and thing they were going to score that night. What a joke. Good Luck with your choice.

lol, thanks for the advice again... This sure has turned into a marriage advice thread!

*back to the topic at hand*
Sorry Rene, got my alloted one SP unit already.

P.S. It seems her decision is going to win out, she figures if she gets me the Taco Bell, then she can easily pick it out.

Went with the Taco Bell. I have to admit this summit kit is NICE. It comes undecorated though, and I'm thinking I'll have to pick up some of David's stucco coating to get the wall texture right.

Back