• Athearn BNSF GP60M

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Summit USA Taco Bell

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
SO guys, here it is, my 1 year anniversary comes up on the 14th, and my wife has agreed to buy me something under $100. So the decision becomes, which of the items above should I pick? Though I'd also add an Andersley kits NTTX spine, they're used so rarely on Cajon that I'll pass. Maybe I'll pick one up if Alan hangs onto the line, or from whom ever gets the line later on. The Summit USA Taco bell is available at an LHS, as are the engines.

Josh,
I voted for GP60M mainly beacuse I think they are cool. I dont' know much about the area you are modeling, but a GP60M would look nice just anout anywhere. Including a SOU layout. It would also compliment your SD60M
-Smoke

Thanks! I plan to model Cajon in the always modern era.

The only problem lies in, its GP60M #119, New image, which, as of now, is not in that color, so I'd have to renumber it to #130 (they sold #130 a while ago, I missed out on that, unless another shop has it).

I say go for the Taco Bell while it's available. You've already got plenty of locos, do you really need one more?:D

I went along with Ken on this one. You're going to need plenty of buildings on that giant layout you have planned.;) :)

The question should not be what are you going to let her buy for you, but what are you going to get for her--that she doesn't know about and will show her you appreciate her. It should be romantic.

It's really nice she supports your hobby, right?

I'm not sure about how detailed the Taco Bell is nor do I know what you're layout has and what it doesn't, but I do like Taco Bell...LOL! I'd have to say the SD40 though....They're just about good for anything...mainline, switching... SD40's are awesome!

-Rich

hehe, Rich, I already have 5 plain SD40's & a few SD40-2's, just liked the decorated Athearn version.

Chip, she's getting a new cell phone, she feels she needs one while she goes to work, in case something happens. I'm sort of slit now, between the GP60M & the Taco Bell, but I guess I can wait for a GP60M to hit eBay cheep...

I chose the Taco bell because you have alot of engines already (I know, you can never have enough) and with the layout size that you're planning you'll need tons of structures and scenery. I suggest you get the Taco bell model that doesn't include the "green onions", I heard a few modelers got sick just putting the model together.:eek: :D ;) :p

PS Congrats on the anniversary. Just last night my wife said "can you believe we've been married 7yrs already?". The time did fly bye, i guess that's a good sign. If it felt like it was dragging then I would be in big trouble! I know, all you old guys are reading these post from us young wipper snappers and chuckling... "one year, seven years, HAH! Wait till you reach 50 years like Martha and I!" Just kidding.

Yeah, this one year has gone by FAST... Taco Bell sounds like its going to be the winner, but the poll is open until Saturday.

As much as I like Taco Bell (but not after midnight!) I chose the GP60M. It is one of my favourite engines. It's nice to see a modern A-B-B-A set of power!

It must be nice to have a wife that will buy you train stuff, mine refuses to!

Congrats on the 1st anniversary too! Do you need any help picking a gift for her? His and Hers GP60M's would look cool, but I don't think you'd get to the 2nd anniversary ;)

It must be nice to have a wife that will buy you train stuff, mine refuses to!

Congrats on the 1st anniversary too! Do you need any help picking a gift for her? His and Hers GP60M's would look cool, but I don't think you'd get to the 2nd anniversary ;)
Nah, she's getting a $20 cell phone, lol...

I said the GP38 rebuild as they are so common and great units, reliable for locals, switching/yard power, and for those road power needs to.

I'm sure all of you RR buffs do what I do after being married 48 yrs. this June, we buy our own gifts for Anniversaries, Birthdays, Christmas, etc.
So, you buy what you think is best for your layout. My wife wouldn't have the slightest idea what to buy for my layout & I wouldn't have the slightest idea to buy for her quilting.

Larry

Chip, she's getting a new cell phone, she feels she needs one while she goes to work, in case something happens.

A new cell phone, how, uh, practical.

Get her the cell phone, but surprise here with something romantic. Dinner out. Flowers. Plant her a garden.

This is your first anniversary--set the stage for more to come.

Space has a good idea. Josh, one thing to remember is that there isn't an even balance with gifts on Anniversaries and Valentine's Day. Yours to her had better be very special, bigger, better, and cost a heck of a lot more. I speak with 40 years experience.;) :D

Back