Need help locating part

rgeiter

Conrail Quality
I recently bought a used Athearn Genesis SD60i. Unfortunately it has a broken part on the truck. It’s a little plastic pin that allows the truck to pivot. (see pic) I’ve look online for this part and can’t seem to locate any probably due to the age of the loco. The part has the number 45000 on it. I’m willing to buy the whole truck for this part (G63913). Athearn doesn’t have them on their site either (sold out). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 327E0DAF-34AB-4658-83CE-67F3C94A84F3.jpeg
    327E0DAF-34AB-4658-83CE-67F3C94A84F3.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Try these guys, just ordered a whole range of spares from them.

Or these two.

Sorry the last one I can't find their website, only their eBay store but they are based in the US.

Try these guys, just ordered a whole range of spares from them.

Or these two.

Sorry the last one I can't find their website, only their eBay store but they are based in the US.
All three are great sites. Gonna bookmark them all. Unfortunately no Sd60m/I power trucks.
There is one place I’m going to call tomorrow that might have them. I did email Athearn. That was a waste of time. I’m sure I’ll find them…eventually!

I think something like that happened on one of my SD60s about 10 years ago. I remember drilling out the remains of the pin and making a new one. Alternatively, you could leave a hole in the part and put a pin in the frame.

I think something like that happened on one of my SD60s about 10 years ago. I remember drilling out the remains of the pin and making a new one. Alternatively, you could leave a hole in the part and put a pin in the frame.
That’s exactly what I was starting to think about. 👍

I located a hobby shop that has three of the power trucks that I need. I bought two of them at/around $16 each. Should have them today.

Back