Need help expanding the Atlas HO-15 Layout (Minimun-sized Twice Around)

wayles3

I like this plan, trains keep moving. I would like to expand this layout. Found in Atlas HO Layouts for every Space. Book # 11, Chapter 7, pages 24-25.
Any ideas? Need design, electrical for this layout. I am using Atlas 83 track. (all my track comes from Bachmann Trains.) I am working with DC. DCC is nice but too rich for my blood.

That sounds great. With this track plan, you have (2) spurs that goes nowhere. I it possible to expand more track and say make a large ovel on say a 4'x4' sheet of plywood? I mean come off the (2) spurs make a large ovel. I had something added, made an ovel and came back to the other spur. The problem was placing the insulated joiners to get the track power right. Could not figure that out. Scrap everything, keep the original track plan and add an ovel off the outside spur. Is that possible? I have the room and extra track. I do not want to add a wye.

Is there any track plan design software that has this track plan in it? Or do I have to input it piece by piece into a program?

Back