Need advice for a good adhesive to lay Kato track on foam: semi-permanent

Indygrandpa

Hello All,
This is my first post after joining this forum. I am new to this hobby and I have my 4' x 6' table finished and my desired layout on the foam insulation board. When I said semi-permanent in the subject/title, I want to be able to pry loose if needed to fix a problem. (I have been running the trains so the polarity should not be an issue).

I have been studying dozens, and dozens of Youtube videos on about every aspect of model RR's. I am looking forward to the scenery construction too.

Beside the adhesive question, I welcome any other hints too.
Thanks in advance
Indygrandpa AKA Indy Bob

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 3..jpg
    3..jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 170
dap adhesive will work, in a choice of colours, and is removeable with a putty knife between the track and the foam .. i used it in mine which was 15 feet by 16 feet in size

I think you'll find that less is better when using most forms of adhesives like DAP. Less will help in the removal of the track should you decide to make changes in the future.

Greg

Thanks to all. About that Dap caulk adhesive; when I mentioned I would "run out and get some", I did not that day. The next day my 80 year old brain reached back into a memory of having some caulk stored somewhere. This old "pack-rat" found an unopened tube of Dap stashed away, plus I found an old pet medicine syringe I had added a small tube to. WALLA!! I have started layin' track.
Thanks guys, Indy Grandpa.
PS A hint to help seal the end of the tube. Next time you are in an Auto Parts store, pick up and assortment of vinyl vacuum caps. I bought some about 10 years ago. I still had a few left.

9. caulk to glue track to foam.jpg

Attachments

• 10.started laying track (2).jpg
    10.started laying track (2).jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 152

Back