NCE USB Adapter/Mac OS X

NWCanuck

Tip&Ring
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck using this interface with Mac OS X and JMRI Decoder Pro. I would like to get one to replace the old USB to Serial interface I was using because my older laptop died and the IBM interface will not work with my MAC. And for $50 I want to make sure it is solid.

View attachment 33345

Thanks

Since you mention replacing the old USB to serial interface you were using, I assume that you are planing to use this with a Power House Pro system, not a Power Cab. Understand that the USB interface was really designed for the Power Cab and, although it will work with a Power House Pro, it does have certain limitations that the serial interface does not have. You can read about some of the limitations on JMRI's NCE hardware page.

Thanks for the reply Robert and I am glad I asked here first. I am using a Pro Cab Wireless system so I will see if I can find a driver for the older USB to serial adapter. I think finding this driver might be hard for an IBM adapter and a Macbook Pro. I doubt such a driver exists . Are you running a Mac with a serial adapter?

Back