NCE ProCab-R Track Current

NWCanuck

Tip&Ring
I think I know the answer here, but I just need to make sure. The NCE "PowerCab" has an option in the Cab Parameters to turn on Track Current which displays the Amps to the layout being used in real time.

I am using the NCE ProCab Wireless system and as far as I can tell there is no option on the Cab to display Amps like you can on the PowerCab. If someone could confirm this it would be appreciated. I assume the PowerCab has a built in Ammeter because the Cab and booster are an all in one unit, but it would be a nice feature on the higher end models too?

Hey,

Please pardon my ignorance (I'm a Digitrax user), but is the wireless cab bi-directional?

Without wishing to hijack the thread (sorry ;)), I don't think even the latest DT400R does that (?) - *Very* cool feature, even if it only displays on the "base station" (?)

I installed a RRampmeter to give me current data - Once you've watched it, you can't live without it! ;)

Cheers,
Ian

Hey,

Please pardon my ignorance (I'm a Digitrax user), but is the wireless cab bi-directional?

Without wishing to hijack the thread (sorry ;)), I don't think even the latest DT400R does that (?) - *Very* cool feature, even if it only displays on the "base station" (?)

I installed a RRampmeter to give me current data - Once you've watched it, you can't live without it! ;)

Cheers,
Ian

The wireless Cab is bi-directional (duplex) and uses the RB02-Radio Base Station which is the newer version to my understanding. I think some of the older versions were simplex.

The RRampmeter was going to be my next question and looks like the solution to my problem of not having an Ammeter built in.

View attachment 24655

View attachment 24656

View attachment 24657

...The RRampmeter was going to be my next question and looks like the solution to my problem of not having an Ammeter built in.

+1 I *love* my RRampmeter! [It's saved my arse on occasion!]

I'd love to have it display on the cab though - That would be cool!

Cheers,
Ian

Back