NCE powercab

I'm looking at picking up a NCE Powercab for my DCC system, and I'm curious if any of ya'll are using it, or have used it? and what your thoughts were?!?! :confused:

Let us know how you like it. I've never heard anything negative about NCE. Wish I could have helped, but I'm a Digitrax guy.

Thats okay bud! I'll definatly post up what I think, but ive never used anything else soo i dont have much to compare it too, but I'll come try you digitrax setup :)

Let us know how you like it. I've never heard anything negative about NCE. Wish I could have helped, but I'm a Digitrax guy.
I have... Programming an original decoder in a Tower 55 unit, was giving some issues. Its since been fixed, but if you happen across an original one, you need to use something, like the JMRI interface.

However, The La Mesa club uses NCE, and they have ALLOT of track, 15 miles PLUS! They can run allot of trains too.

I'm going with NCE myself too, I like the cabs on NCE the most.

picked up a NIB powercab setup for 125 bucks. so I dont think thats a bad deal.

JMRI interface?? I picked up a couple of decoders DS13SRJ off ebay for 14 bucks?? also supposed to be NIB

I have one. I use it mainly to program new locos and the like off of the main layout. The nice thing about the PowerCab is that it can read those pesky sound decoders where the PHPro doesn't. This is what many owners of the PH Pro do. Plus, the cab can be used as a regular cab on the main layout.

I have not had any major issues with mine; the only complaint is that the thumbwheel seems to be stiff, and doesn't roll freely.

Kennedy

for now im a small layout so that shouldnt be a problem. Might have to upgrade down the road, but for now, I think it'll work

Thanks for the feedback ya'll!

Back