NCE Power + E-Z Command Power Booster???

vpersh

Can I use a Bachmann E-Z Command Power Booster on my layout if I'm using an NCE Power Cab??

Thanks,
Van

I would tend to be cautious regarding mixing items from different manufacturers. It may work fine. But it could be an expensive experiment if things don't work well together. I would recommend doing some research first.

Can I use a Bachmann E-Z Command Power Booster on my layout if I'm using an NCE Power Cab??

Thanks,
Van

I am of a mind to say it should work because of industry standards, but to be sure contact NCE.

Call or email they will answer you.

Thanks,
Van

Yes you can. The Bachmann booster has an opto-isolated input so it can be used on any system; however I don't know why you would want to unless you already have one. The NCE SB5 Smart Booster has the same power (5 amps), costs less, and gives you true walk around capability (you can unplug the Power Cab to move to another location and the trains keep running).

I am just now redoing my layout and converting to DCC ... finally. I have decided to go with the NCE Power Cab because it looks simple, it does what I want it to do and it's reasonable on the pocket book. In digging around in my stuff I found a brand new E-Z Command power booster and thought that rather than spend another $150 on an SB5 that maybe this Bachmann would do the trick. I didn't realize that the SB5 had the unplug-still run feature. That's cool! ....of course, there's a ton of stuff I don't realize when it comes to DCC. When I get closer to the start-up phase of my new layout, I'll probably be asking "how do I hook the E-Z up without blowing the the Power Cab".....

Holy cow! I just looked at the prices of the E-Z Command booster. $250.....I could almost buy a new house for that!! What are they thinking? Does it do something special?? Maybe I should put it on Ebay and buy an SB5 and some other stuff...but then, who would buy it??!!

Back