NCE DCC 5240002 PH-PRO-R Wireless 5 amp Starter Set?

Bluemax711

Looking to get back into model railroading and was considering the NCE DCC 5240002 PH-PRO-R Wireless 5 amp Starter Set or the non-wireless PH-PRO 5 Amp Starter Set? I am starting from scratch and would like to hear any feedback about these units.... Thanks for any advice....

They are very good, just make absolutely sure you purchase their circuit breaker to use with it. It's not included in the set, but their instructions specify not honoring their warranty if you don't have it, and can prove it.

They are very good, just make absolutely sure you purchase their circuit breaker to use with it. It's not included in the set, but their instructions specify not honoring their warranty if you don't have it, and can prove it.
What specific circuit breaker is that?

I was under the impression that NCE had included internal circuit breakers??

What specific circuit breaker is that?

I was under the impression that NCE had included internal circuit breakers??
They require you to purchase one of their breakers separately, or they will not honor their warranty. I found this out after I had to pay a couple hundred dollars to them to fix something still under warranty, but I didn't have their additional breaker.
You have been warned.

They require you to purchase one of their breakers separately, or they will not honor their warranty. I found this out after I had to pay a couple hundred dollars to them to fix something still under warranty, but I didn't have their additional breaker.
You have been warned.

I didn't realize this either. I'm using the DCC Specialties PSX-1 at this time. I wonder if I have to switch over? I just went from the Pro-Cab to the 5A wireless system a couple of months ago.

I didn't realize this either. I'm using the DCC Specialties PSX-1 at this time. I wonder if I have to switch over? I just went from the Pro-Cab to the 5A wireless system a couple of months ago.
I found out the hard way. To say I was upset is an understatement.

I wonder if I should bother to tell the club electrician? Nothing happened when I told him that Auto headlight bulbs (3) weren't recommended for DCC short protection. Altough there are 2 5amp boosters (1 base station and 1 auxilliary booster) for the layout, I've seen those bulbs doing a dance for quite some time occasionally.
Think I need one of theirs for my 6' of test track?

So what's up with this? I wonder if NCE bothered to send notification out to their owners about this situation? And I wonder if protection devices from other manufacturers are acceptable ??

I've got the NCE 5 amp PH PRO-R system. So what are you going to do? Screw around with auto light bulbs? Suck it up, get the EB-1!
IMG_20200916_023951224.jpg

Back