NCE Customer Service is A+++

RCShadow

I cannot say enough about NCE and their customer service. I bought an SB5 smart booster for my Power Cab setup a month or so ago. I was running my suspended layout last week and all the sudden all my loco's stopped...nothing...nadda.

I called NCE and spoke to Larry. He has been so helpful with the few calls I have made to him. He took me through the reset of the system and we couldn't decide if it was the SB5 or my Power Cab throttle or ?? that was the issue. After about 15 minutes of talking and fiddling, Larry said he was going to send me a Power Cab throttle and one of the lower end throttles to test with! I was completly surprised at this and today, UPS delivers the throttles.

I cannot say enough about NCE and how far they are willing to go to make users happy. I have tested the throttles and have had good success. I wont bore you with what I think the issue was, but it probably had to do with my setup (track) and not the NCE equipment.

If you need a DCC system with good support, I cannot say enough about the NCE system and company. I will be sending the test throttles Larry sent back to NCE in a day or two. What a company in this day and age. I will be a dedicated NCE user from now on with this type of treatment :D.

This is good to hear. I am leaning toward digitrax zephyr.....but I will consider this and do more study.

This is good to hear. I am leaning toward digitrax zephyr.....but I will consider this and do more study.

Do yourself a huge favour and go with NCE...so much more user friendly than Digitrax...not to mention the aforesaid customer service.

Do yourself a huge favour and go with NCE...so much more user friendly than Digitrax...not to mention the aforesaid customer service.
I hear you. You may be the voice of sanity. Yet I feel drawn to the complex looking switches, lights, and gizmos on the even more expensive digitrax duplex radio systems. But I'm still looking it over. NCE has some fancy systems too.

Out of the blue, I received an eprom chip upgrade from NCE but as of yet I have not installed it. It came with excellent instructions and a list of upgrades that it does, they appear to be beyond my needs but what a class act. Must have been the registration card I sent!

Railfan,
While I'm a huge proponent of NCE I'd advise noting what others are using your area if you plan on running on other layouts or having guests run on your layout. Again I'm an NCE user and am very happy with the system. The products are top notch and the customer service is great.

Railfan,
While I'm a huge proponent of NCE I'd advise noting what others are using your area if you plan on running on other layouts or having guests run on your layout. Again I'm an NCE user and am very happy with the system. The products are top notch and the customer service is great.
NCE sounds like a winner. I hear good reports on NCE, digitrax, and MRC prodigy also. The local club has digitrax. I visit there but they are HO and I'm N scale. Still, they could be a resource for info and guidance. I'm not in a hurry to buy yet. I have a prodigy express.....but I use DC until I get more decoders.

Railfan,

I am also an NCE user, and have had excellant luck with the system. We have an unofficial group that rotates running on various home layouts, from N scale to HO, and we all have the NCE system. At one of these meets I had the priviledge of meeting Larry and his lovely wife, and they are down to earth people willing to help anybody. I also live about 20 minutes from their headquarters in Webster NY, so needless to say, most everybody in the area uses NCE. But like Flyboy said, if you plan on running on a club layout, or private ones like we do, check to see what their systems are like. and see what you really like.

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

I am also an NCE user, and have had excellant luck with the system. We have an unofficial group that rotates running on various home layouts, from N scale to HO, and we all have the NCE system. At one of these meets I had the priviledge of meeting Larry and his lovely wife, and they are down to earth people willing to help anybody. I also live about 20 minutes from their headquarters in Webster NY, so needless to say, most everybody in the area uses NCE. But like Flyboy said, if you plan on running on a club layout, or private ones like we do, check to see what their systems are like. and see what you really like.

sp2562ani.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe-wthr1.gif
40ibreef_pfe1.gif

Larry has always been so nice and helpful, I cannot say enough about him. It's just being nice to folks that seems to be fading away and it makes me sad. It costs nothing to be nice. Thanks for sharing your expieriences.

Back