N Scale video camera?

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Not sure if this has been asked before but, what do you guys (N Scale people especially) use to video your layouts from an engineers perspective?

Have looked at various things and nothing seems to be appropriate, OR, I am just not looking in the right place. What I have seen is either too big or needs to be connected to something making them impossible to use.

You might have to look at the surveillance/spy industry for something smaller Tony. Maybe Google 007 or Agent 86 cameras :rolleyes:

Thanks gents, spent a bit of time looking last night and the only one I found that came close, size wise, was something like $800. Not quite that keen if you know what I mean :)

And not only the price. A video camera on the layout will show off all sorts of flaws and incongruities in both the track work and scenery that one would not have noticed otherwise.

Horseman,

That might be a good thing though - to be able to see any flaws so they can be fixed be they with the track or the scenery.

Do a search for an SQ8 camera, it's only 7/8" square and 3/4" deep. No LCD screen at this size of course. I found one on eBay (around $8.00) this spring and ordered it. After more than two months it didn't show ups, so I checked Amazon and they had them for about twice as much, plus postage of course. Got the Amazon one and of course the eBay one showed up! I'm really losing interest in the cheapo items on eBay that come postage free, they're taking over 2 months to get to me here in Canada.

The SQ8 comes with instructions that appear to be translations of the Chinese ones, that is not very clear! I did get the camera to work to a fashion, but I really need to play with it some more to see how it really can operate.

Bob,

Thanks mate. Now I see the SQ8, I think I have one or similar to it some where around here - maybe. Whether I do or don't, if this is what I use to have, then it is a great little camera and perfect for my needs. Either way, for $10 - $15 I really can't go wrong.

Toot'n,

Sorry mate, just caught your post and thanks for the link. If I can find it some where other than evilbay I will seriously consider it.

Back