"N" scale vehicles

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
I was in my WM today & saw what I think is a new line of vehicles. They are in a blister pack, 1 to a card & it says; Series One at the bottom. Quite an asst. maybe someone in N scale can check it out. They may not be in the store in your area yet, because they are on the new modular.

Larry

I'll have to check out my local walmart. Are they 1:160? :)

Stan.

It doesn't say the scale on the package, but I have some N ga. cars & they look the same. I have some 1;160 semi's that I've had for a long time I guess I should try to trade them off for something in H.O.
I'll get them out & make sure tomorrow what they are.

Larry

WM's changing where we look for all the vehicles to across the isle & some will probably change them to an intirelly(sp) diff. place. All Dept. mgrs. don't look at a new modular the same way. I think it's called human nature. LOL

I was in my WM today & saw what I think is a new line of vehicles. They are in a blister pack, 1 to a card & it says; Series One at the bottom. Quite an asst. maybe someone in N scale can check it out. They may not be in the store in your area yet, because they are on the new modular.

Larry

Can you get the Manufacturer and any other info from the pack? Would be a great help. A picture would also be fantastic!

Thanks for the heads up.

Can you get the Manufacturer and any other info from the pack? Would be a great help. A picture would also be fantastic!

Thanks for the heads up.

The Mfg.'r is Malibu International
The name is Microns--series 1
There's some little plastic buildings that are near by for these cars. It says on the pkg. that there are; Fire Trucks, buses, semi's, & a bunch of other vehicles in the series. I didn't buy one, so, guess U will have to wait till they come to your store.

Larry

I am a Malibu International dealer. I should have word in a few days if I can get the Microns and what is available. FYI, I can get military aircraft in what looks like N scale or close to it. I can look into it if anyone is interested.

I've always had troubles with the website.

I found the cars at my WM...they are slightly too large, but much better then micro machines......These are big old american cars, but parked next to an Atlas F150, they make the F150 look the size of a Ranger. But an N scale figure standing next to them looks fine...the roofline is about shoulder level. They're definitely worth a look....the detail is nice and they're only $.97!!!

I was in my WM early this morning & saw some Norscot Mini cat Tractors. Bulldozer, back hoe, & about 3 others. They might not be "N" scale, but are real close. They were $1.97 ea. There's 12 to a box & 12 boxes to a case.
They are in the see thru plastic boxes.
Also, saw some 1/64th, new, ERTL equipment just above the mini's.

Larry

My camera doesn't do very good close ups, but I gave it a try. Now if I can get the pictures to post........the first picture is 3 different micron cars. I went with the plainer ones, since they tend to be "hotrods" with flames and such on the sides and hoods. That's OK for one or two, but you can't have a whole town full of custom cars! The second photo is a micron car and the blue car is a MicroMachine for comparison...it's a small 2 seatsportscar and the top of the door is taller than the roof of the Micron car. I also stuck a couple of n scale figures in for size comparison. Hope this helps.

i bought some today they do seam a little outa scale, but at 0.97 each verses the 12 some odd dollars i paid for the two of my atlas F-150's, i'm not complaining!! in MRLdave's pic, they really dont look bad even agaist the n scale people. must say they look better than the micro machine! ryan

Bad news.....just found a batch of the Micron emergency vehicles at WM.....very disappointing!!! Pretty much Micro Machines with a different label. Even the fire chiefs car is way to big, which seems odd since the other cars weren't too bad. They also have painted windows vs. the "glass" windows in the first cars. Unless the future releases improve, enjoy the cars, and avoid the newest stuff!

I know that when I was younger, I had Micro Machines on my N scale layout. It was nothing special, 2' x 4' board, a loop with two switches making a passing loop. I just wanted cars on my layout. I think today, I would want the right scale.

But hey, I never thought of checking in Walmart. Pretty cool that they would have neat little bits to pick up. Never know unless you look. Thanks for the advice!

for the price the micron cars are just fine for me i,m not a rivet counter! besides, for a dollar? i'll make em work ryan

Back