N scale Rerailer Inserts

loserbuddy22087

Hello,

I've ran out of ideas of where to look for a part I need. I bought a collection of N scale stuff to add to my own colelction. In this collection were rerailer inserts (not rerailer tracks) that can be inserted into regular old track and turn it into a rerailer track. I have been using this on my layout to good use. The issue is I have run out of them and need quite a few more (this not to say I have poor layout design) just that I like to use them as extra insurance in hard to reach track areas.

I believe they were made by bachmann however I don't think they make them any more. I had no luck at the last train show I went to and I've only ever seen them on ebay once. So I am guessing they are hard to fine. Does anyone know a website that sells these or a compatible item. I have checked a lot of online stores and Bachmanns main site.

Thanks

My trains do not derail unless of course I cause it by doing something stupid, but I have rerailers on my track as well. First, as you state, it is extra precaution, but also because I see this all the time on prototype. I just buy rail from http://www.handlaidtrack.com/ and solder together my own which I nail in place. This is also good because I can lay down a third rail in tight turns or at stations and it look great.

Back