N Scale Curved Turnouts

Trucklover

BNSF SD70MAC's
Hi guys,

Whats available in the way of curved turnouts in N scale? I see that Atlas and Peco both make them, but i dont see any radius measurements on them. I see Peco has Medium radius and double radius, whats the difference between the 2 radius wise?

I am really looking for Code 55 turnouts, but can use Code 80 if need be, and im shooting for a 22" inside radius on the curved turnout to keep the minimum 22" radius of the layout...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

According to the Atlas web site, their Code 55 curved turnouts are 21.25" outside and 15" inside radius.

Peco are 36" outside and 18" inside.

Fast Tracks has N-scale curved turnout kits with several different radiuses.

- Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff! I had forgotten all about fast tracks. It might be worth it for me to look into their turnouts, at least the curved ones as like I mentioned I want to stick to the 22" minimum and while Peco's outside radius of 36" is okay, the 18" inside is a little too tight for what I would like to have to run larger modern equipment.

I have a couple of the Peco curved turnouts on their way to me as we speak, possibly today but more likely after the weekend. I'll let you know how they perform.

Back