My Turtle Creek Logging Co

malletman

Alcohaulic
After an absence from HO scale for a few years, I have started a new HO logging/heritage railway layout. Motive power is all brass. Roster includes 3 PFM/United engines, a three and two truck Climax and a 2-6-6-2 Sierra #38 Mallet. I also have a NWSL Baldwin 0-8-0 old time logging switch engine. I love the CB&Q, so heritage power for my dinner train is a Oriental F3 factory painted, and a Hallmark E5 that is nickle plated. The E5 needs lots of drivetrain work so its mostly a mantle piece. Most of the time I run the layout as a steam era logging line, then when I am in a diesel mood, I plan to get the F3 and coaches out to run a dinner train. Layout is quite small, 4x7 in size and purchased off Facebook market place from a local gentleman getting out of the hobby. It was nicely done, only lacking one bridge and devoid of buildings. Track is Atlas code 83 with 2" pink foam in a 1x4 framework with 1x2 cross supports under the foam. Control is a vintage MRC Cab Control model 2 fed by a LGB power supply mounted under the table with 0-22vdc variable output. A bunch more trees, a small sawmill for where the current single building on the layout is, and one of the lumber loading buildings from the Walthers trees, tracks and trains series are in the plans. Several of the brass engines were purchased very cheap as they were in pieces(basket cases)that I rebuilt. The mallet was payment for painting a Overand Models Schnabel car for a friend. The dinner train power was the result of selling a different mallet that didn't like my tight curves, where as the old PFM one does just fine. So I have much less in the motive power than it seems. Some smart upgrading and the sale of a couple excess G scale items started the process. Mike the Aspie

layout as purchased off FB marketplace
21616055_1440546909328544_1472040813906290019_n.jpg

NWSL Baldwin 0-8-0 and NWSL logging tank car
Resized_20171110_172128.jpg

70 ton 3 truck Climax #1
Resized_20171119_122302.jpg

scratchbilt bobber caboose
Resized_20171119_122322.jpg

Mallet and 2 truck Climax in the background
Resized_20171126_142045.jpg

Control cab and yet to be wired Atlas block control switches
Resized_20171124_201140.jpg

one side of the layout with some added trees
Resized_20171119_115658.jpg

Dinner train power(hopefully arriving in the mail soon!)
DSC03277.jpg

The layout looks a whole lot better in the roster shots than it does from the 10,000 ft view. I didn't even know facebook had a market place.

Yep, on your home page its one of the selections on the left side of your screen when on a computer/laptop and probably a tablet.

Thanks, there are pics of my other logging power there as well. All engines are brass. I may use the old Suydam lumber mill building on that siding that the unpainted Climax is sitting on. Need to look up the dimensions of it. Busy with job 4 days a week, 10 hour days leaves me exhausted and not to functional after work. Friday is layout day normaly, along with weekend if we are not busy

Back